Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
141 - 160 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well, this is a first: Hyundai of South Brunswick NJ is doing $3k over msrp on SEL AWD, but the manager wouldn’t take $7500 federal EV tax credit out of the lease cost!

They initially had no clue NJ had 0% EV sales tax either.
I live in Northern NJ. As soon as it was available I sent in my $100.00 for the privilege to buy a car. The concierge set me up with about 5 dealers. Between my wife, daughter and me we have bought 4 Hyundai’s 2 Elantra’s 1 Sonatas and 1 Genesis. So I have been to just about all of them in the past. What has me really P-—ED off. I want a Limited. None of them will give me a quote, most of them say they don’t know the price. I tell them it is 54,500.00 with a $1,225.00 shipping cost, and say stop playing dumb. I had one pull a computer spreadsheet to show me that they are paying just $100.00 under MSRP to Hyundai. I told him that I know how to make a spreadsheet just like them and mine says they are paying 5% under MSRP. Which I have researched. Then they said that the Limited’s are 3 months away. I told them that the concierge sent me an email 2 days ago that said that they have sent them my contact info and preferences for the Limited. They also said that the cars are on the way and would be at the dealers shortly. Which one do you think is telling the truth. I have filed a complaint with Hyundai USA yesterday. Today the concierge service called me today, (unsolicited) to ask have I talked to the dealer, (The same one I am talking about) or have they contacted me. I told her my issues, asking her to pass on my experience to however is taking this survey.

Out of principal I will not pay 2,3 or more over MSRP. I can wait, maybe another year. The charging speed I believe is worth it. Also I have seen all the reviews, Korean, Europe,and USA. Sorry I wrote a short story.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I live in Northern NJ. As soon as it was available I sent in my $100.00 for the privilege to buy a car. The concierge set me up with about 5 dealers. Between my wife, daughter and me we have bought 4 Hyundai’s 2 Elantra’s 1 Sonatas and 1 Genesis. So I have been to just about all of them in the past. What has me really P-—ED off. I want a Limited. None of them will give me a quote, most of them say they don’t know the price. I tell them it is 54,500.00 with a $1,225.00 shipping cost, and say stop playing dumb. I had one pull a computer spreadsheet to show me that they are paying just $100.00 under MSRP to Hyundai. I told him that I know how to make a spreadsheet just like them and mine says they are paying 5% under MSRP. Which I have researched. Then they said that the Limited’s are 3 months away. I told them that the concierge sent me an email 2 days ago that said that they have sent them my contact info and preferences for the Limited. They also said that the cars are on the way and would be at the dealers shortly. Which one do you think is telling the truth. I have filed a complaint with Hyundai USA yesterday. Today the concierge service called me today, (unsolicited) to ask have I talked to the dealer, (The same one I am talking about) or have they contacted me. I told her my issues, asking her to pass on my experience to however is taking this survey.

Out of principal I will not pay 2,3 or more over MSRP. I can wait, maybe another year. The charging speed I believe is worth it. Also I have seen all the reviews, Korean, Europe,and USA. Sorry I wrote a short story.
Itd be helpful to share name of the dealers. I'm also in Northern NJ and can agree dealership experience at Hyundai around me are subpar and this is me being nice.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I agree with half of his point. I too will not forget how dealers are behaving during this time. I now have a list of dealers I will never work with again, and I hope their short sighted greed dooms them when the market goes south.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I dont get why anyone would pay that??
The salesman told me it was some local business in the LA area that offered 15k over MSRP each and wanted to buy both of them. I'm sure they have money to throw around and I don't necessarily blame the dealership for taking the offer either.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I locked up a limited with no markup yesterday. It’s been a long frustrating process starting with the not-reservation nonsense and many many dealer contacts.

All I can say is keep hitting that API every day (the limiteds that showed up this Sunday at noon gave me a day lead on everyone else) and then find the autonation dealers. They have a non markup policy nationwide. Once I found the dealer they did a great job- professional, quick and easy to deal with.

now I just have to cancel that model Y order I made in frustration last week

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ 5 Limited Atlas White
62 Posts
I locked up a limited with no markup yesterday. It’s been a long frustrating process starting with the not-reservation nonsense and many many dealer contacts.

All I can say is keep hitting that API every day (the limiteds that showed up this Sunday at noon gave me a day lead on everyone else) and then find the autonation dealers. They have a non markup policy nationwide. Once I found the dealer they did a great job- professional, quick and easy to deal with.

I saw them too on Sunday, but I didn't call because they only had Shooting Star. I didn't want to deal with the increased price/increased maintenance for the matte paint, but damn, does it look nice :)

·
Registered
8 Posts

Just Chatted with a salesman (person) and No price gouging!!! Love this place!!!!

·
Registered
2022 ioniq 5 SEL AWD Shooting Star
10 Posts
SF Bay Area dealers are asking 15K over. Monterey 7k over. Very few cars are coming in and there's lots of interest. Everything is sold ahead of time. One dealer told me they got 4 for Q1 and are expecting 2 for Q2.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Out of Spec has terrific video reviews, I highly recommend their videos.
I agree, I was just saying that lack of integrity on car dealer's part should not have surprised him. Exactly why I am very wary of driving to a dealership that is a bit far away from my location. They are masters of bait and switch. Didnt cost them a thing to try the bait and switch on you. You on the other hand lost a lot of time.

·
Registered
92 Posts

What is your definition of 'locked up' ? Meaning, if you are just going by a verbal "We won't charge you a markup", then I wonder if you are getting your hopes up too early. Just as the Out-of-Spec video that someone posted here, nothing is final until you sign the paperwork. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you though !

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hyundai dealer in Torrance, CA has 3 units. They won't talk about the markup over the phone - I strongly suspect it will be $10,000.

I'm going to go look at them this weekend. I fear that the car will ride too low for my wife, as she has been driving minivans for 20 years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't pay that if you're in the LA area. There are others that have way less or no markup. I paid a $2500 markup at Keyes Hyundai in Van Nuys.. When I was talking to the Hyundai in Torrance they told me they were not going to have a markup, but did have a lot of dealer add-ons. They are also very slow in getting vehicles in, which was another reason I went to Van Nuys.

141 - 160 of 285 Posts