Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
181 - 200 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don't pay that if you're in the LA area. There are others that have way less or no markup. I paid a $2500 markup at Keyes Hyundai in Van Nuys.. When I was talking to the Hyundai in Torrance they told me they were not going to have a markup, but did have a lot of dealer add-ons. They are also very slow in getting vehicles in, which was another reason I went to Van Nuys.
Keys Hyundai sold their limited's for 15k over MSRP.. .and was asking 5k over MSRP for an SE couple weeks ago. I guess they aren't flying off the lot as fast as they thought. I'm waiting until I can get a limited at MSRP... hoping by October time frame that's possible. I'd like to get the local air districts $4,000 EV voucher but they are out of money until next fiscal year.

·
Registered
112 Posts
How do I edit the data on the form?

Jenkins Ocala - $10K markup
Jenkins Leesburg - $10K markup

I ended up paying $3K markup for a Limited in Teal. Every other dealer was $2K in pure markup or add-ons and 2+ hours away. This dealer is 10 miles and secured one for me.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I spoke with Hyundai of Central Florida they are asking $4k over MSRP.
They have any?

I'd try New Port Richey and Wesley Chapel - $2K in add-ons but MSRP.

Courtesy is $0 markup but only have SEs.

Jenkins is $10K markup and Holler is $3K markup (very firm on it - shown on website)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bob Bell Hyundai in MD has two more Limited AWD (based on my last call with them). They are doing MSRP plus a paint protection plan ($795). College Park Hyundai has 5 this morning. They are doing $1995 and an appearance package (~$500).

These seem to be allocations ahead of VIN (I got a build sheet with manufacturer number with my deposit). That’s why they aren’t on the API yet. Last time it took about a week for all of those to get into the API.
Interesting, I spoke with Bob Bell a while back and they said they'd get back to me. Will need to call...

·
Registered
10 Posts
They have any?

I'd try New Port Richey and Wesley Chapel - $2K in add-ons but MSRP.

Courtesy is $0 markup but only have SEs.

Jenkins is $10K markup and Holler is $3K markup (very firm on it - shown on website)
Hyundai of Central did say they had 'SE and SEL' no limited as of yet. I neglected to mention, they don't add any dealer fees. Some other dealers I contacted have added fees anywhere from 1k to 3k.
I plan on test driving an IONIQ5 as well as the KIA EV6, presently I'm leaning more towards EV6 but dealer markups and fees will have a major determining factor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got an offer this morning 1/15/22 from Keys VanNuys 10k Down, 840/month for 72 months.
yes they want 70k for an SE!!!!!!!!! 45k car.......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Don't pay that if you're in the LA area. There are others that have way less or no markup. I paid a $2500 markup at Keyes Hyundai in Van Nuys.. When I was talking to the Hyundai in Torrance they told me they were not going to have a markup, but did have a lot of dealer add-ons. They are also very slow in getting vehicles in, which was another reason I went to Van Nuys.
They quoted us $5000 for SEL and SE I wonder why?

·
Registered
51 Posts
What is your definition of 'locked up' ? Meaning, if you are just going by a verbal "We won't charge you a markup", then I wonder if you are getting your hopes up too early. Just as the Out-of-Spec video that someone posted here, nothing is final until you sign the paperwork. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you though !
A signed sales order, picture of the Hyundai inventory screen with my name assigned and a deposit.

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ 5 Limited Atlas White
62 Posts
This one's a riot: Midway Hyundai of Idaho is not committing to any price until the cars arrive, but they want your deposits now :) That to me is shadier than anyone at least being upfront about their markups.

·
Registered
112 Posts
This one's a riot: Midway Hyundai of Idaho is not committing to any price until the cars arrive, but they want your deposits now :) That to me is shadier than anyone at least being upfront about their markups.
The FL dealers who have told me that basically slapped $10K markup and $3K in paint protection when the cars finally arrived this week. I prefer dealers who are transparent about pricing before any deposit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Like some other lucky souls, I was able to put a deposit down on a Digital Teal AWD Limited at MSRP with no accessories, pressure, or add-ons. There was a limited amount of pressure to commit to deposit because so many people wanted the car, I suppose. Zimbrick Hyundai East side in Madison, WI. They SEs and SELs remaining, as does Zimbrick Westside. I have learned that all Zimbrick dealerships, regardless of makes, have a corporate policy that they will not sell above MSRP. I had a great experience leasing an ID.4 from them as well. Highly recommend.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Out of principal I will not pay 2,3 or more over MSRP. I can wait, maybe another year. The charging speed I believe is worth it. Also I have seen all the reviews, Korean, Europe,and USA. Sorry I wrote a short story.
Given the realities of supply and demand of cars right now, and how that is amplified by a brand-new model, I am prepared to pay more than MSRP. Just not $7k that my local dealer is asking.

But I totally respect your position.

·
Registered
92 Posts
We're going to the Torrance dealership on Monday. We'll see how much they are asking, in markup or add-ons. I could live with a $2500 upsell, but hopefully for add-ons rather than plain markup. (Dealer in Long Beach had two today, but $2k of add-ons, plus $6k markup.)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I spoke with them last week and was told MSRP but then all would have about $5K of dealer add ons added. Paperwork required in order to even test drive which I said no to since I wanted a Limited and could not commit to buy a lower trim.
The salesperson I spoke with said that we would be able to drive it Monday, so we'll see. (I drove one in LB today, but my wife needs to drive it)

·
Registered
10 Posts
The salesperson I spoke with said that we would be able to drive it Monday, so we'll see. (I drove one in LB today, but my wife needs to drive it)
Ok. I was dealing with Jimmy Lee last week. If you are able to test drive without putting money down or purchasing/paperwork please let me know. I want my wife to get to see it in person.

I don’t want to commit to any purchase (beyond a refundable deposit) without an actual test drive first. If they don’t let you test drive and you have a suggestion for a different dealership that is allowing test drives let me know.

Good luck and thanks!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ok. I was dealing with Jimmy Lee last week. If you are able to test drive without putting money down or purchasing/paperwork please let me know. I want my wife to get to see it in person.

I don’t want to commit to any purchase (beyond a refundable deposit) without an actual test drive first. If they don’t let you test drive and you have a suggestion for a different dealership that is allowing test drives let me know.

Good luck and thanks!
I’ll let you know.

The Hyundai dealer in Long Beach, on Cherry just off the 405, let me drive it just like any other test drive yesterday. They had an SE and SEL, both AWD. White, and Lucid Blue.

(I’m still amazed that any car dealership will let you just take a car out by yourself with only a copy of your drivers license)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’ll let you know.

The Hyundai dealer in Long Beach, on Cherry just off the 405, let me drive it just like any other test drive yesterday. They had an SE and SEL, both AWD. White, and Lucid Blue.

(I’m still amazed that any car dealership will let you just take a car out by yourself with only a copy of your drivers license)
Thanks for the suggestion. I just did the test drive at Harbor as well. I was quite impressed with the vehicle. Definitely want to wait for the Limited Trim now.

I got a call from South Bay Hyundai while I was there ironically and they did say they are allowing test drives and they had incorrectly communicated to me since the vehicle had just arrived that same day and hadn’t gone through the inspection process. They also said they are getting some Limiteds in three weeks so those could be available for test driving then. They are selling at MSRP + Dealer add-ons. There might be some wiggle room for the add-ons for local South Bay buyers, but who knows…

At this point, it is the RWD Limited that might be the winner. Just depends on how long it takes for those to start showing up here in the US lol.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion of Harbor as the visit was super easy without any pressure or many questions even :)

181 - 200 of 285 Posts