Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
201 - 220 of 247 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Just placed deposit yesterday, dealer told me 2.5 years ish… said may be sooner depending on people cancelling orders. Expected some pre orders to drop because the wait time keeps getting pushed. I have 2.5 years left on my Santa Fe phev lease so not in a rush. Expect the worst and hope for the best right lol

· Registered
29 Posts
Except that the initial waiting list was meant to be national. I can accept that perhaps they had to change that as time went on, but a nationally managed priority list is what we signed up for. Also, my dealer is a high volume dealer.
But I don't think they ever intended it to be linear. They most probably slightly shift orders up and down based on multiple factors like each province's zero-emission rules and target and or course, the trim and color to have a better factory/shipment logistic.

· Registered
65 Posts
It does feel random at times. Like people who ordered 30 days before me are predicted to get their vehicle 12 months before me. How does that make sense?
It was around November 4/21 that pricing was announced; the Ultimate was much cheaper than people were led to believe, and the orders poured in, overwhelming Hyundai production; never mind pandemic supply line problems...

· Registered
29 Posts
There isn't any November delivery in the sheet. I wonder if people just aren't updating the tracking sheet or if delivery really slowed down.
I could be completely wrong but it seems like it's mostly the Awd LR and Ultimate packages left for people who have an actual order in before the Jan.19 cutoff, they might be focusing on getting those fulfilled before starting delivery preorders for the 2 Rwd trims of Jan.20thand beyond?

· Registered
15 Posts
I could be completely wrong but it seems like it's mostly the Awd LR and Ultimate packages left for people who have an actual order in before the Jan.19 cutoff, they might be focusing on getting those fulfilled before starting delivery preorders for the 2 Rwd trims of Jan.20thand beyond?
I was on the preorder list (after Jan 19 cutoff) and I received my car. I did the deposit on Jan 29th for an Preferred AWD shooting star.

· Registered
15 Posts
Haha! Yes, I should. To make a long story short, my initial preorder was for an Ultimate. When I saw all the discussions about the delivery delays I've decided to modify my preorder for a non-Ultimate, hoping for a shorter delivery delay. I modified my preorder in March. In April, my dealership got allocation for 5 RWD and only one AWD. Because I was the first on his waiting list for an AWD, I was the lucky one to get it. It was excepted to be delivered at the earliest end of December. Probably somebody cancel it so I've got it mid November. Sooooo happy!

· Registered
5 Posts
You are probably right though I am not seeing any recorded delivery since Oct 31 for any model (I know I can't expect everyone to keep the sheet updated, especially when they have a new toy to play with). I just hope the supply of cars is still coming in steadily. It seems like Hyundai is mostly done filling the Oct 2021 ultimate orders. I hope they will be able to fill the pre Jan 19 orders soon as I placed a deposit in mid Feb. It probably is still at least 6-9 months away though. The wait is killing me lol

· Registered
4 Posts
I ordered an Ultimate digital teal on October 25th. Still waiting for my email to tell me it’s been produced. Supposed to be November and we’re running out of days. The digital teal seems to take the longest for some reason.

· Registered
29 Posts
I ordered an Ultimate digital teal on October 25th. Still waiting for my email to tell me it’s been produced. Supposed to be November and we’re running out of days. The digital teal seems to take the longest for some reason.
Now that you say it, I have never seen a shooting star or digital teal on the road yet.

Edit: I have seen multiple matte gray EV6 though

· Registered
27 Posts
My apologies if this was shared earlier and I missed it:

I have been looking for updates on this story but haven't found anything. It appears that, rather than accelerating production this fall as planned, Hyundai had to pull way back.

· Registered
2 Posts
It must be a combination of factors all at once: BC/Quebec orders seem to be prioritized due to ZEV mandates there; chip availability fluctuating and the needs for each type of vehicle meaning not all models are delayed equally; other parts being available or not; other hold-ups that are not Hyundai-specific (such as shipping and haulage capacity shortages - our local Ford dealer has vehicles ex-factory stuck at Toronto railhead waiting for trucks...); dealership allocations being set before knowing what demand would be like at each; etc.

· Registered
4 Posts
Last day of November and no email to let me know my Ioniq5 has been produced. So disappointing. I understand there may be things out of Hyundai’s control, but they should be more transparent about the process. Don’t tell me it’s going to be made in November for the last 6 months and then not deliver on that!

· Registered
5 Posts
i ordered mine in May 2022 and AWD with ultimate package. GTA. What are my prospects of getting one in 2023 ? dealer is not very helpful.
Put a deposit (pre order) Feb/22. Told orders would open soon, then, early summer. Crickets...I would call every 2 months, no news. Just had sales manager call, to offer to give back deposit. Apparently, there will be no orders made until '25! Forget about Hyundai, the corporation has totally messed up...

201 - 220 of 247 Posts