Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just checked with my dealer and he indicated our Ultimate version will be in Vancouver later this month. I have not heard anything from Hyundai since January 10th. Did others get the VIN when it was shipped? Is Hyundai only sending updates to everyone once a month (around the 10th)?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ordered my ultimate on early June 2021. Received a call from my dealer last week, est. Delivery date march 04th 2022
Car is in Vancouver right now
I think the dealer is feeding you a story to keep you happy. I ordered in June 2021 and am # 25 for an Ultimate that is being built in February 2022. Delivery to the dealer will be some time in March/April in BC.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just joined the Ioniq Forum. However, when I click on the weblink and open the Google Sheets file. I cannot edit the IONIQ5 Canada Tracking spreadsheet. Do you or anyone else know why I can't edit the spreadsheet and input my details?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm surprised how many are ordering the AWD, since it costs more and you get less range. Are people assuming the RWD will drive poorly in snowy conditions because of how ICE RWDs tend to fishtail? With the weight more evenly distributed in EV's I was under the impression this isn't an issue like it is with ICE vehicles.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm surprised how many are ordering the AWD, since it costs more and you get less range. Are people assuming the RWD will drive poorly in snowy conditions because of how ICE RWDs tend to fishtail? With the weight more evenly distributed in EV's I was under the impression this isn't an issue like it is with ICE vehicles.
My friend has an RWD LR and I have the ultimate awd. Both version are perfectly fine in snow if you normal drive around the city. I did order the awd because of the extra power and driving experience in general. Also, the AWD version will be better in specific conditions outside the cities like when I go to the chalet and roads are not so good. Maybe most ppl also feel more safe with the awd version during winter. If you come from a awd truck, that makes sense to order the awd i5...

·
Registered
29 Posts
My friend has an RWD LR and I have the ultimate awd. Both version are perfectly fine in snow if you normal drive around the city. I did order the awd because of the extra power and driving experience in general. Also, the AWD version will be better in specific conditions outside the cities like when I go to the chalet and roads are not so good. Maybe most ppl also feel more safe with the awd version during winter. If you come from a awd truck, that makes sense to order the awd i5...
How is AWD safer on snow? From my understanding it just helps you get up steep slippery slopes easier, and you're less likely to spin out and get stuck getting out of a snow filled driveway. But as far as driving on snowy roads, stopping distance, fishtailing, etc.. I don't think it has any effect?

·
Registered
26 Posts
How is AWD safer on snow? From my understanding it just helps you get up steep slippery slopes easier, and you're less likely to spin out and get stuck getting out of a snow filled driveway. But as far as driving on snowy roads, stopping distance, fishtailing, etc.. I don't think it has any effect?
You will have more control with the vehicule on start from a stop/red lights or when you turn. Tires also help a lot on ice/snow. Overall awd gives you a better control of the vehicule imo and I can see the difference when I accelerate. I drift a lot more with the rwd of my friend when I go crazy on the pedal than my awd.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You will have more control with the vehicule on start from a stop/red lights or when you turn. Tires also help a lot on ice/snow. Overall awd gives you a better control of the vehicule imo and I can see the difference when I accelerate. I drift a lot more with the rwd of my friend when I go crazy on the pedal than my awd.
With snow tires?

1 - 20 of 138 Posts