Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2017 VW Passat Estate Diesel (omg!)
305 Posts
Yes it does, ordered this as well as the regular rubber floor mats. May not look as chique, but is a whole lot easier to clean than velours or regular fabric.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 AWD Balance Vision
813 Posts
I think it's also important to know that the rear seats can slide less far forward with electric than with mechanical seats.
This measures are all taken on an Ioniq 5 with electrical powered rear seats.
If the rear seats are fully reclined and at their original most backwards position, the size from the back of the trunk to the end of the backrest is already 161.3cm (nr 3 on the picture below), without measuring the headrest !!!

The electrical seats travels ca 81.7-73.0 = 8.7 cm.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The front seats can automatically slide back to make getting out easier. In the exit position there is still 185 cm left. This must first be turned off in the infotainment settings, then you can put the front seats fully forward, then you have easily 195 to 200 cm. It is best to buy the Hyundai Ioniq 5 mattress, for example, which is thick enough and should not be supported if the rear seats are pushed forward and an opening is created. Otherwise, you will have to make supports to fill up this gap as shown in the accompanying photos SEE POST FOR GAP SOLUTION
View attachment 35086
View attachment 35087
have we seen this mattress available anywhere?

·
Registered
I5 AWD Eco + Tech Lucid Blue (on order)
41 Posts
Is this an actual product?

Where do you get them from?
The front seats can automatically slide back to make getting out easier. In the exit position there is still 185 cm left. This must first be turned off in the infotainment settings, then you can put the front seats fully forward, then you have easily 195 to 200 cm. It is best to buy the Hyundai Ioniq 5 mattress, for example, which is thick enough and should not be supported if the rear seats are pushed forward and an opening is created. Otherwise, you will have to make supports to fill up this gap as shown in the accompanying photos SEE POST FOR GAP SOLUTION
View attachment 35086
View attachment 35087

·
Registered
207 Posts
wow! Thank you guys so much!! I can't believe how easy it was to get a response here. The good news is the Ioniq is a great size for my dog's crate. My second option was going to be the Enyaq.
It's a very nice and friendly forum :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
View attachment 35086
View attachment 35087
Is there anyone who can see what the exact measurements of this mattress are? 190 cm long I see, but what's the width of the mattress (the wider and the narrower width)? Also I can't find how I can order this one via Korea... Would be so great to be able to have this mattress as well (Once we have the Ioniq 5 ;-)). Can't see something like this one on Aliexpress either... is there anyone with the right Chinese connections here? ;-)

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt, reserved Ioniq 5
706 Posts
There are Korean purchasing agents who claim they can buy for you and ship. I have no experience with them. I included the address for one below.

·
Registered
MY22 Ioniq 5 AWD
603 Posts
Thanks but that looks like with the boot floor removed, not something will be doing.
I guess a picture isn’t worth a thousand words after all. 🙂

There are 4 fold-out tie-down points in the boot. They are in the positions shown in the photo & are above the false floor.

[edit: I guess you could also use the ISO fix points on the back of the back seats as tie-down points]

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have two questions about the Ioniq 5 boot space that I hope you can help with:

Firstly, does anyone know if the official 527 litre boot space quoted is with the rear seats in their furthest back position, or if the rear seats all have to be brought fully forward to achieve this boot capacity?

Secondly, am I correct to understand that the 527 litre boot space quoted is up to the parcel shelf level / top of the rear seats, and that space above this is level is additional?

Many thanks,

·
Registered
MY22 Ioniq 5 AWD 20" - Lucid Blue
191 Posts
Firstly, does anyone know if the official 527 litre boot space quoted is with the rear seats in their furthest back position, or if the rear seats all have to be brought fully forward to achieve this boot capacity?
I've never been able to find a definitive answer to this, but comparing against my old 307 wagon (which had practically the same nominal volume) and putting some of the same bags in I have more room than the old wagon with the seats all the way forward. It's hard to tell with the seats all the way back since the same big bag doesn't fit because it cuts off the top corner, but there's also an extra wedge of space behind the bag which the 307 didn't have.

Secondly, am I correct to understand that the 527 litre boot space quoted is up to the parcel shelf level / top of the rear seats, and that space above this is level is additional?
Top of the seats. The VDA boot volume measurement method stacks 1 litre blocks 5x10x20 cm up to the level of top of the seats. If you only go to the parcel shelf you would have less volume than the spec since it sits lower.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts