Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping someone in this forum can help. I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to get dimensions of the boot of the Ioniq 5. I have even emailed and DM'd Hyundai UK and have received the same response of, "the public figures are always in cubic feet". Cubic feet however does not let me know if my dog's crate will fit in this vehicle. It's an important consideration for me; so if anyone knows, please reach out.

·
Registered
2017 VW Passat Estate Diesel (omg!)
305 Posts
One of the latest video reviews actually measured the trunk on camera. If I remember clearly it was 1m80 deep and 90cm wide between wheels. Maybe the Autogefuhl review?

·
Registered
MY22 Ioniq 5 AWD 20" - Lucid Blue
191 Posts
One of the latest video reviews actually measured the trunk on camera. If I remember clearly it was 1m80 deep and 90cm wide between wheels. Maybe the Autogefuhl review?
It's a little over 100cm between the arches. This video (in German, but you should get the gist) has more measurements.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 AWD Balance Vision
814 Posts
Hoping someone in this forum can help. I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to get dimensions of the boot of the Ioniq 5. I have even emailed and DM'd Hyundai UK and have received the same response of, "the public figures are always in cubic feet". Cubic feet however does not let me know if my dog's crate will fit in this vehicle. It's an important consideration for me; so if anyone knows, please reach out.
Here is a small drawing to help you:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow! Thank you guys so much!! I can't believe how easy it was to get a response here. The good news is the Ioniq is a great size for my dog's crate. My second option was going to be the Enyaq.

·
Registered
2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV
149 Posts
If I may add a related question, 186 cm is a generously long dimension form front to back. But I have not seen s video with a good view that shows how flat the floor of that area is when the rear seat backs are folded. Is it flat enough for someone to sleep comfortably, assuming something like an air mattress was used, along with support at the gap behind the seats?

·
Registered
814 Posts
If I may add a related question, 186 cm is a generously long dimension form front to back. But I have not seen s video with a good view that shows how flat the floor of that area is when the rear seat backs are folded. Is it flat enough for someone to sleep comfortably, assuming something like an air mattress was used, along with support at the gap behind the seats?
Koreans like to sleep in their Ioniq 5.
The following video’s will give you an idea of it:
video 1 with Hyundai OEM Ioniq 5 air mattress
Video 2 with Hyundai OEM Ioniq 5 air mattress
Video 3 with mattress
Video 4 with bicycle

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here is a small drawing to help you:
What I am curious about and have not seen any reviews that show it, is the total length inside with the hatch down, rear seats folded and the driver and passengers seats slid all the way forward. For sleeping in versus hauling cargo. At 185cm that is basically 6 feet. So what happens if you are six foot 3 inches. Sleep at an angle?

UPDATE: Near the end of video 3, he says that his mattress is 190cm. But the video does not show if the front seats are all the way forward.

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 Long Range AWD 2022
328 Posts
FYI, here's a photo of Ioniq 5 with a dog crate: https://bil24.no/forste-test-av-hyundai-ioniq-5/

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 RWD 73Kwh
137 Posts
That's a really small crate, but I appreciate you keeping me in mind. The boot dimensions seems perfect for his crate though and I would never have got that info without this forum.

Here's who needs to fit in the back:
View attachment 34827
2 Aussies in it without problems!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
The boot space was something I had been worried about but the above seems promising.
Any thoughts on whether a large Bernese mountain dog would fit comfortably?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The boot space was something I had been worried about but the above seems promising.
Not in a crate, I don't think. Given the whole boot to itself though, I think so. There's a fair bit of space back there for it to be able to lie down comfortably. Sitting up might be an issue, but I'm guessing that's not unusual for a Bernese in most cars.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 RWD 73Kwh
137 Posts
I recommended you buy a pair of these:

The cable is long enough to reach the USB ports on the second row

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
What I am curious about and have not seen any reviews that show it, is the total length inside with the hatch down, rear seats folded and the driver and passengers seats slid all the way forward. For sleeping in versus hauling cargo. At 185cm that is basically 6 feet. So what happens if you are six foot 3 inches. Sleep at an angle?

UPDATE: Near the end of video 3, he says that his mattress is 190cm. But the video does not show if the front seats are all the way forward.
I folded seats down, moved rear seats forward, moved front sets forward and folded them forward. Space well over 6 foot long for sleeping. You would need to fill space between rear seats and back floor or cover with a board to support the mattress. I could almost sit upright on folder floor level with rear doors. Didn't have time to take the measurements.

·
Registered
814 Posts

The front seats can automatically slide back to make getting out easier. In the exit position there is still 185 cm left. This must first be turned off in the infotainment settings, then you can put the front seats fully forward, then you have easily 195 to 200 cm. It is best to buy the Hyundai Ioniq 5 mattress, for example, which is thick enough and should not be supported if the rear seats are pushed forward and an opening is created. Otherwise, you will have to make supports to fill up this gap as shown in the accompanying photos SEE POST FOR GAP SOLUTION

1 - 20 of 42 Posts