Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 AWD 73
346 Posts
I use 65%-66% battery to drive about 200km with studded tires on a motorway with speeds between 90 and 120 km/h and a bunch of overtaking at 0C.
You are either driving like a complete lunatic or you have some weird tires on with very bad rolling resistance. Also might be good to check the alignment on the car.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 AWD 73
346 Posts
I was aware that the Ioniq 5 is a bigger heavier car.
The point I was making was that a 38KWh battery in an Ioniq will travel almost as far a 72KWh battery in an Ioniq 5!
The Ioniq 5 has a CD of 0.29, which is pretty bad. The original Ioniq has a CD of 0.24.
Keep in mind that CD has nothing to do with the size of the car, so you have to multiply that by the front area.

As you know front area rises as a square of the measurements. So if you measure everything, then the Ioniq 5 is probably around 40-50% less efficient than the original Ioniq depending on the speed you are traveling at.
This is why you get great range in the city and bad range on the highway.

If you need to drive mostly on the highway and you are worried about range - buy a Model 3 or if you have deeper pockets and would like something that feels like a much nicer place to be - the Taycan 4S with the big battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts