Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
I5 AWD Eco + Tech Lucid Blue (on order)
41 Posts
I ordered the I5 knowing, as per any BEV the winter range would take a hiding. however I am concerned on these reports that potentially 50% of WLTP range may be lost during winter (for AWD). Couple that with the software not maximising the heat pump/battery prep to temps with charging feels like Hyundai haven’t maximised the potential in the platform yet.

Tesla USP doesn’t seem to solely be the charger network also the drivetrain efficiency it seems

·
Registered
I5 AWD Eco + Tech Lucid Blue (on order)
41 Posts
I don’t think it’s WLTP driving this just the major cliff, possibly, for winter efficiency or lack thereof.

I was hoping for 200 miles reliable range even in colder temps then summer anything above that is a bonus. However the get out of jail was the fast charging, again this seems like it is temperature dependent.

I’m happy with my decision and can’t wait for Feb next year to get delivery - all being well!!

I’m amazed people have put any faith in WLTP figures and not researched the real world range! Furthermore as with any other vehicle range will always drop off at this time of year.
Driving style, particularly with a car lacking aero dynamics, and an ev, will also play a heavy role. Speeds in excess of 65mph kill range.
Im sure in summer months an average of 240 miles will be easily achievable, that being the case 200- 220 at this time of year would be my expectation before I committed to ordering. Having researched before that nothing have read here comes as a particular surprise to me. I’ve got a BMW i3 which shows a range of 10-15% less in winter than summer - about comparable.
And just wait until you see what the torque/acceleration/weight and driving style does to tyre wear but that’s for discussion in about 12 months time 😂!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts