Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Rivian charger at home. The ioniq reports it's delivering 9.7Amps.

It charges my Rivian flawlessly--and most of the time, the Hyundai as well.

I've seen a bunch of threads here about the Ioniq stopping in mid charge for no reason. This happens to me about one in four times.

Has anyone gotten to the bottom of this? I have no timers set, and the limit set to 80% but it's stopping at 40 or 50%. Sometimes after ten minutes, sometimes after an hour or two, sometimes it goes all the way to full.

Advice is welcome. Thank you.

·
Registered
180 Posts
It seems the on-board charger / charger socket overheats - AC charging will stop whenever it reached 142°F (60°C). The OBC temperature can be monitored with obd2 dongle.

·
Registered
'22 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD - Cyber Gray
13 Posts
thanks Doc

It's a "Rivian charger."

I asked because I use a JuiceBox 40 exclusively. And though I've not seen the same behavior, my recent experience involved an inability to initiate charging which turns out to be related to something on the vendor's end. I was told they're working a solution as a number of Ioniq 5 owners have had similar problems.

The link to the other thread was enlightening as I was unaware of the overheating issue. This wouild be a logical place to start though the average owner is not going to set up a dongle to monitor the Onboard Computer for this.

I'd certainly keep an eye on it and try other chargers (perhaps Electrify America) if accessable to see if charging completes without interruption. Then, if you're really ambitious, you could seek out a friend's AC charger or look for a local AC charger elsewhere to see if the issue is somehow related to the Rivian EVSE and your Ioniq 5. You could even try the Hyundai provided 120 Volt charger too if you've got time for that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts