Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone

I recently bought a 2016 Korean IONIQ but I have a problem in the morning when I turn on the car,
in every first turn on for the car, the heat on the dashboard is full but actually, it's normal and it stays like this until i drive it for around 5 minutes then turn it off and on again then the temperature returns to normal I check everything and connect it to a computer and nothing appears! this issue only happens one time in the morning only

Did anyone face this problem before? what should I do to solve this problem?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I assume you're talking about the coolant temperature gauge, it could be faulty or the sensor itself could be faulty.
If this only happens in the morning, and not again throughout the day, then I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
HEV SE Premium 2017
390 Posts
You didn't mention any of the steps you took in your original post. That would've been helpful.
The special coolant in our cars lasts more 10 years so flushing it was a waste. Which type did you use to refill?
Water pump fins are known to break off and lay by the thermostat which can play havoc with the cooling system.
That was more my reasoning on a coolant flush.
As you mention enviromind, today's coolant is unlikely to turn bad.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Guys that sounds like a glitch in the dashboard programming. I'd just go to Hyundai to get a dashboard software update and it will be probably solved! It showes overheating, but its actually not overheating, just showing false data.

Reactions: KevinT

·
Registered
175 Posts
Engine temperature is shared with all the ECUs on the CAN network. If another dashboard displays the same issues, then probably the ECU that broadcasts engine temperature over the CAN is the culprit. Probably Engine ECU! Again it is probably a software glitch and needs software updating. Unfortunately only Hyundai stealership can assist here.

Reactions: KevinT
1 - 14 of 14 Posts