Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a US reservation for Ionic 5 Limited Rear wheel drive. Has anyone where both cars are currently sold, cross shopped and test driven the Ionic 5 Limited rear wheel drive and Audi Q 4 e tron Prem Plus 40 rear wheel drive

Leaning towards sticking with the Ionic if Limited is no more than $55k. Audi Prem Plus 40 would appear to be a bit less.

Any comments wecome.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've driven both in the UK - well, the UK specifications.

I've been an Audi driver for over 15 years and the Q4 drives, well... like an Audi. BUT.... it felt cheap inside. Hard plastics, lacking some of the features of my Audi A6 and my wife's Q3. The way I saw it, Audi have cut corners and costs to make it competitive. I'd not class it as a typical Audi quality.

The IONIQ 5 was a bit of a revelation. I'd never have thought Hyundai would compete with one of the so called 'premium brands', but I have to admit I was very surprised. Even my 10 year old son said the IONIQ 5 was better than the Audi.

If the Q4 was more like the bigger e-tron, then maybe, but parts of the cabin felt like an afterthought, whereas the IONIQ 5 felt designed from the ground up.

Long story short, I'll be ordering an IONIQ 5 in the new year, as need to hold onto my current car a few months longer.

The icing on the cake was the servicing costs. Audi is expensive, Hyundai seem a lot ore realistic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

I've been an Audi driver for over 15 years and the Q4 drives, well... like an Audi. BUT.... it felt cheap inside. Hard plastics, lacking some of the features of my Audi A6 and my wife's Q3. The way I saw it, Audi have cut corners and costs to make it competitive. I'd not class it as a typical Audi quality.

The IONIQ 5 was a bit of a revelation. I'd never have thought Hyundai would compete with one of the so called 'premium brands', but I have to admit I was very surprised. Even my 10 year old son said the IONIQ 5 was better than the Audi.

If the Q4 was more like the bigger e-tron, then maybe, but parts of the cabin felt like an afterthought, whereas the IONIQ 5 felt designed from the ground up.

Long story short, I'll be ordering an IONIQ 5 in the new year, as need to hold onto my current car a few months longer.

The icing on the cake was the servicing costs. Audi is expensive, Hyundai seem a lot ore realistic.
Thanks. I got that from some you tube videos and needed confirmation. Sticking with the Ionic 5 reservation.

·
Registered
Audi S4 & H2 SX SE
130 Posts
Thanks

Thanks. I got that from some you tube videos and needed confirmation. Sticking with the Ionic 5 reservation.

Ioniq not ionic ;) I am getting Long Range RWD option here in Canada myself, I think NA will see by end of Feb

·
Registered
7 Posts
Test drove both in UK - getting the Ioniq.
Nicer inside and out (subjective), better tech, faster charging, cheaper, longer warranty.
plus I don’t like SUVs.

·
Registered
3 Posts

My feelings exactly. Test drove the Q4 expecting to buy it and came away disappointed. Much lower quality interior than my 8 year old Audi Q3. And the depth of the dash was comically long. Acres of dull grey plastic inside and out trimmed in shiny grey and black plastic. Test drove the Ioniq as a bit of a wild card (also tried ID3 and Peugeot 208e) and we were both captivated by it (as I think anyone who was a kid in the 80s would be!).

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 73kw on order
39 Posts
I saw both a top trim S-line q4 and a normal trim. The top trim was fine, with beautiful seats and details. But 15 k more expensive also. The low trim was a bit ordinary. Classical but boring. Just not what you expect from an Audi that costs 50k

1 - 7 of 7 Posts