Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new 2022 Ionic 38kwh Premium, in Norway is only top spec imported.
Pretty ok, apart from the side support in the driver seat. Range easy as promised, or more.

It cannot read the sms from my OnePlus,not via Bluetooth or android auto. The Android Auto has messenger...does this really work?

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq EV Premium Firey Red
331 Posts
After you've paired your phone have you checked the settings for the device that you have enabled text messages.
I dont have a oneplus but do have android and no probs with Bluetooth connection

·
Registered
2021 Electric Premium
34 Posts
Can't comment on Android, sorry, but I can confirm that this works fine for me also using an iPhone. I find: if the phone is only connected via Bluetooth then I can access any messages that arrive during the time the phone is connected (not older messages) from the 'phone' screen. If the phone is connected via Apple CarPlay then messages are accessible via CarPlay.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can't comment on Android, sorry, but I can confirm that this works fine for me also using an iPhone. I find: if the phone is only connected via Bluetooth then I can access any messages that arrive during the time the phone is connected (not older messages) from the 'phone' screen. If the phone is connected via Apple CarPlay then messages are accessible via CarPlay.
Ok, nice to know. My son tried pair his OneNord 2, I noticed that his SMS was to be seen. So I suspect that it's a phone specific issue. I see that fb messenger is in Android Auto, it's also blank! Does it work for you?

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Ultimate
1,689 Posts
Facebook Messenger in Android Auto doesn't do anything when I click the icon on the infotainment screen, but it does prompt me when I get new messages, then I can have it read them to me and it asks if I want it to reply. I haven't figured out how to initiate a new message with it, I can only reply to inbounds after it's read them out.

Oh, and SMS works fine for me with my Galaxy S10e. I don't use the Samsung messages app though, I've always just used Google's. Maybe that's what makes the difference?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Facebook Messenger in Android Auto doesn't do anything when I click the icon on the infotainment screen, but it does prompt me when I get new messages, then I can have it read them to me and it asks if I want it to reply. I haven't figured out how to initiate a new message with it, I can only reply to inbounds after it's read them out.

Oh, and SMS works fine for me with my Galaxy S10e. I don't use the Samsung messages app though, I've always just used Google's. Maybe that's what makes the difference?
Does fb messenger show older messages or only during the drive?
And which Google sms app are you using? I found today that it actually does receive and write sms at voice command when connected Android auto 😊

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Ultimate
1,689 Posts
Does fb messenger show older messages or only during the drive?
Only what you receive during the drive, and once you clear a message to get back to your map or media screen it's gone. If you don't clear it then you can go back to it, play it again, and get the option to send another reply.

And which Google sms app are you using? I found today that it actually does receive and write sms at voice command when connected Android auto 😊
I thought it was Messages from Google LLC in the Play Store, but the icon for the one I'm using is different than that one. Hmm, what am I running? <goes off to investigate...>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts