Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Are the interior lights for cabin illumination led or standard filament bulbs? If they are filaments, can someone let me know what fitment they are? Reason I ask is I like bright interior lighting so I can see what I am doing in the dark rather than have dull lighting. I can order some led bulbs on a slow boat from china but will take 4-6 weeks to come in. Cheers

·
Registered
66 Posts
I often wonder why EVs and even Hybrids skip out on installing LED interior lighting from factory...?
It would make almost no measurable difference to range, but would cost significantly more with only a few buyers spotting the difference ;)
However, it does look infiately more up to date/futuristic and just nicer in my opinion. The favourite thing I've ever done to my current banger is put LEDs in the cabin courtesy lights. Makes it such a nice place to get into at night.
I was kind of sad when I opened the door in the dealership and the warm glow from a standard bulb came on. Especially when you have nice crisp white lights in the handles and puddle lights externally...

·
Registered
843 Posts
I often wonder why EVs and even Hybrids skip out on installing LED interior lighting from factory...?
Probably because the interior lamps fade to the off state (I'm assuming they do in the Ioniq), rather than go straight out.
Far cheaper to get an incandescent bulb to progressively dim whilst preserving ease of replacement in the event of failure.

As an aside, how refreshing to meet a fellow off-worlder... are you from Orion too?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Probably because the interior lamps fade to the off state (I'm assuming they do in the Ioniq), rather than go straight out.
Far cheaper to get an incandescent bulb to progressively dim whilst preserving ease of replacement in the event of failure.
Replacing all incandescent bulbs with LEDs was one of the first mods I did to my current Mazda 3 hatch. Definitely prefer the crisper light. LED bulbs do fade fine, though they don't dim as much as incandescents before cutting out completely.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts