Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I was watching some videos on the US version of the ioniq and they mention nice night time cockpit illumination. Can anyone from the UK confirm what light is on during a night drive? is there any lights along the doors or under the glove box lighting up/

·
Registered
5 Posts
During the time I had my demonstrator, I couldn't work out whether the display screen can be dimmed like the instrument lighting.
Is there a way to dim it, or is there only a separate day/night setting for it ?
Like a typical bloke, I didn't read the manual, and simply ended up switching the display off at night.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
have you not driven yours in the dark?
Of course! Have you been in one of the new focus st's? Like being at a rave. The Ioniq is much more subtle than other cars I've been in and the colours are very ambient, no harsh red or orange lights. But that's just me.

I'm sure there is a brightness setting in display setup and usually a manual adjuster for dash and console lights somewhere but I never had reason to look, I like mine as is :>

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Also depends on what u have on screen.. i usually only gave sat nag or music (which has black background) on so not as bright as your pics.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
During the time I had my demonstrator, I couldn't work out whether the display screen can be dimmed like the instrument lighting.
Is there a way to dim it, or is there only a separate day/night setting for it ?
Like a typical bloke, I didn't read the manual, and simply ended up switching the display off at night.

yep its controls by the same dimmer as the dash, the interesting thing is if you turn your lights on and set the night time light level, which is independent to the day time dash light level when you turn your lights off

there is also a button to turn the sat nave display off completely

·
Registered
164 Posts
The dimming of the display screen reacts on the same dimmer button as the dash, but the balance of dim-levels can be set in the display itself. As you can see, I have set the brightness of the 8" display to the lowest level (and set the language to english, just for the picture).

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
yep its controls by the same dimmer as the dash, the interesting thing is if you turn your lights on and set the night time light level, which is independent to the day time dash light level when you turn your lights off

there is also a button to turn the sat nave display off completely
Anyone knows if you can change the mood light from blue to a different colour? If yes how?

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq Plug In Limited
66 Posts
Anyone knows if you can change the mood light from blue to a different colour? If yes how?
I have been searching for a similar answer to this, I want to turn off the blue ambient lighting but I have come up with nothing in terms of settings for that lighting. It annoys the heck out of me because I'm very sensitive to light at night. I've had to resort to jamming electrical tape up in the channel for the lighting so it's gone now. I don't understand why Hyundai would disable the settings for the ambient lighting in the Ioniq when the same interface is available on other Hyundai models and allows you to go in and adjust those ambient lights. I submitted a technical question regarding the ambient lights on the Ioniq to Hyunda about 2 weeks ago and have yet to hear anything back, if I do I will post the response here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts