Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to of developed an interior creeping noise when I go around bends. Seems to be coming from the back seats maybe. Initially i thought it was the charger cable rubbing against the boot floor but I removed it and the sound was still there .

I am nearly 100% confident that it is interior trim related not suspension ....

Any Ideas ?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I seem to of developed an interior creeping noise when I go around bends. Seems to be coming from the back seats maybe. Initially i thought it was the charger cable rubbing against the boot floor but I removed it and the sound was still there .

Any Ideas ?
Try taking out the boot floor ( it slides backwards after lifting back) and check no wiring is rubbing bodywork (avoid touching High voltage orange cables)and none of the bits under floor is loose (tow eye tyre repair kit ect)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its more squeaky than abrasive don't really know how else to describe it. Its something that is moving or lose i comparison to the rest of the car in the corners ....

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Its more squeaky than abrasive don't really know how else to describe it. Its something that is moving or lose i comparison to the rest of the car in the corners ....
The container for the bits under floor is Styrene composite, it could be that, also fold down rear seats and see if it still squeaks

·
Registered
757 Posts

Any Ideas ?
This is from another thread http://www.ioniqforum.com/forum/7-h...4857-creaking-noise-left-rear-suspension.html

Good news: It took a Hyundai engineer to help the dealer, but they found the cause of that creak coming from the back passenger side on my Ioniq. The frame pieces come together under the rear doorwell sill were rubbing against each other; they’re supposed to be able to flex but we’re too close, so they rubbed when flexing. That was the noise. Once they realized it was the sound of metal rubbing, they drove the car for nearly five hours, with a guy using a stethoscope to locate the source, which turned out to be where the frame comes together under the sill. The fix was easy: remove the sill plate, adjust the frame ends, put the sill plate back on. It sounded like the noise was from the rear suspension, but the suspension was not the cause. Neither were any of the bolts or panels in the back (the dealer had removed all those to check). That’s when the engineer was called in.

Reactions: BDG

·
Registered
69 Posts
My interior noise happens when depressing the brake pedal a "shuttle valve?" opening/closing or dull tapping sound is heard coming from behind the brake pedal.
There are some linkages behind the "wall" but can;t tell if the sound is forward of the wall.

Bringing to dealer tomorrow.

To mod: apologies, did not mean to hijack thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Any Ideas ?

I had this too and it turned out to be the clip for the back seats. I took off the cover to the clip which has only a screw, and some of the plastic surround had worn away and so it was rubbing. To fix it I just wrapped the metal U shape in electrical tape and the worn bit on the other side too. It stopped immediately. It could also be it's just not clipped in place properly.

To find out if it is this, fold the seat down and drive around the block. Hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts