Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went on my first long journey in my new Ioniq. Got 60mpg (according to the icon on the dashboard) but what I loved the most was the cruise control. Always used it on my I30 but it was real pain in the bum when the car in front slowed down and I had to break and knock CC off. Yesterday was great, even to the point that on my way back from Plymouth there are a few bends where I didn't want to take them at 70mph so I just tucked in behind a car going a bit slower and let the intelligent CC slow me down, then as soon as the bends were gone I pulled out into the middle lane and took off again. We are edging closer and closer to driverless cars - or at least cars that will more or less drive themselves with us there as a back-up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Went on my first long journey in my new Ioniq. Got 60mpg (according to the icon on the dashboard) but what I loved the most was the cruise control. Always used it on my I30 but it was real pain in the bum when the car in front slowed down and I had to break and knock CC off. Yesterday was great, even to the point that on my way back from Plymouth there are a few bends where I didn't want to take them at 70mph so I just tucked in behind a car going a bit slower and let the intelligent CC slow me down, then as soon as the bends were gone I pulled out into the middle lane and took off again. We are edging closer and closer to driverless cars - or at least cars that will more or less drive themselves with us there as a back-up.
That's so cool! I'm starting to wish I had gone with the ultimate package and gotten the ICC. Your in New England right?

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's great on straightforward sections of motorway but can be a real menace when merging on a busy motorway junction. You can find the car braking hard just when you want to accelerate when switching lanes so as with all these 'intelligent' aids they need to be used intelligently!

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
Yes, in such situations you can better take over control for a while by using the accelerator.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
(to TacoMcIoniq) I am in the UK and have the Premium (middle range of the three options).

·
Registered
166 Posts
It's great on straightforward sections of motorway but can be a real menace when merging on a busy motorway junction. You can find the car braking hard just when you want to accelerate when switching lanes so as with all these 'intelligent' aids they need to be used intelligently!
i think the thing to bear in mind is is cruise control, if you are joining a motorway at a junction that's not really cruising. I made a similar mistake when leaving a motorway it wasn't until we go to the bottom of the ramp I realised I had followed a car all the way and needed to put my foot on the break. I'm a lot more cautious now.

I use the speed limiter a lot on rural roads.

I'm in a courtesy car at the moment which doesn't have ACC, I do miss it. ACC and AEB are 2 features I like a lot in the ioniq, you do have to be careful though the braking can be a bit sharp at times.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Check my post about ACC ( I use mine a lot ) - I did a little video trying to explain the anomalies I am experiencing.. would be interesting to know if you notice the same things..
http://www.ioniqforum.com/forum/7-hyundai-ioniq-general-discussion/5281-dirty-radar.html
yes, I have read that thread. I haven't seen behaviour like that yet. I did get caught out by a bike when following another vehicle through a long 30MPH stretch. he pulled out to overtake the bike and the ACC braked hard because it saw the bike.

Looks like i've got a 4-5 week wait for my replacement, it has been ordered but is currently on a boat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts