Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I'm paying £139 less this year than last, for a PHEV versus a HEV.

But its not a fair comparison as it's a mini-fleet v. a personal policy. All I know is, the PHEV is a low-risk compared to our 13-year old Skoda 1.9 turbo diesel previously.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I tried to get some complementary drive-home insurance (using the number the garage gave me to arrange it through Hyundai) to give us a few days overlap whilst we get rid of the old one and switch cars on our regular policy ... only to be told that "It's a waste of time proceeding with the application as the underwriters will decline due to it being an Electric vehicle". So I end up having to swap the vehicles on our main policy and then adding the old car back in for a short period.
Very peculiar.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I’m with Churchill. They swapped my Prius for the Ioniq for an extra £10 and the Prius was pretty cheap

·
Registered
10 Posts
Direct Line gave me the most competitive quote for our PHEV - £174, compared to the £255 renewal quote from Halifax. It pays to shop around when renewal imminent. We got some discount for having a second car insured with them. They also reduce the price if you have their home insurance

21 - 25 of 25 Posts