Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current insurers have declined to insure my new PHEV on the grounds that they do not have sufficient experience of the car. If I would like to come back in a years time!!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
insurance no problem

My current insurers have declined to insure my new PHEV on the grounds that they do not have sufficient experience of the car. If I would like to come back in a years time!!
I,m surprised I've had quotes from all the major insurance company's for my PHEV, the cheapest was Aviva but I'm currently with Saga as I transferred my insurance from My Skoda Octavia.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a similar experience with my Hybrid last January. My existing insurer had the Electric in their database, but knew nothing of the Hybrid, so I had to find another insurer.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
In insuro-speak what that means is it's too new to be on their rating lists, yet.

"Computer says No..."

They're loss as all they need to know is that the HEV SE and Premium are Group 10; the Premium SE is Group 11.
The difference between HEV and PHEV has no bearing on the insurance category - or at least it shouldn't unless they think a plug makes a car inherently dangerous...

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have placed insurance with Saga.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Yes, they gave me a quote, I will be polite and simply say it was not competitive. Quite by chance the delivery date is almost the same as the end of my current policy. The Saga Ioniq quote was quite a bit less than the quote to renew my current car which arrived today :D.
Insurance quotes I had when buying my Ioniq were around £250, Hyundai Quoted £425.01 With an a excess of £350, uncompetitive is not the word I would use :mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I had a "competitive " quote from Renault Insurance on my last car ...£2530 ....I should CoCo
Absolute radio fan, eh?
;)

The station is campaigning to bring back the expression "I Should CoCo..." :confused:

First use in the forum!

·
Super Moderator
7,822 Posts
I think mine is around £350 from admiral, home finance manager dealt with it :) she is a qualified accountant so if she can't find a good deal I am in real trouble

saga was very uncompetitive last time I checked 50% over admiral and I am over the old half century so I qualify for them

·
Registered
312 Posts
Insurance quotes I had when buying my Ioniq were around £250, Hyundai Quoted £425.01 With an a excess of £350, uncompetitive is not the word I would use :mad::mad::mad:
Mine is £184 from Aviva (me and mrsajiom on the insurance ). Might get a £45 cashback as well if the cashback via quidco works ( has been tracked :))

·
Registered
2,044 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have placed insurance with Saga.
That quote was a little over a year ago. There has been not claim during the year and this year their quote was over 40% higher. So they are either relying on inertia or don't want the business.

Well they have not got mine as I have switched to LV (Liverpool Victoria) and am paying a little less than last year.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts