Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a quote from RBC Insurance which was a bit higher than expected ($1200/year)

Anyone else in Ontario willing to share their insurance company quotes and experience?

I have started to shop around and don't know who is offering good value and service - not having had many claims, my experience with different companies is limited.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Got a quote from RBC Insurance which was a bit higher than expected ($1200/year)

Anyone else in Ontario willing to share their insurance company quotes and experience?

I have started to shop around and don't know who is offering good value and service - not having had many claims, my experience with different companies is limited.
That seems pretty good in my opinion. I'm paying $1,288/yr for a 2000 VW Jetta liability only using TD with the YorkU Alumni discount. I'm going to contact them today to see if they can quote me on the Ioniq, I definitely don't want to spend more than $150/mnth at most.

·
Registered
328 Posts
RBC cannot give me an exact number. We use a Nissan Leaf as guide, he agent estimate around $150 to $190 per month for my case (the EV is a third vehicle on the policy). Until I got the VIN they can't give me an exact quote. The rate is subject to many factors so it is not an straight forward comparison.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RBC cannot give me an exact number. We use a Nissan Leaf as guide, he agent estimate around $150 to $190 per month for my case (the EV is a third vehicle on the policy). Until I got the VIN they can't give me an exact quote. The rate is subject to many factors so it is not an straight forward comparison.
I have the VIN which explains why they gave me a quote.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I meeting with my dealer this Thursday where I can hopefully get the VIN for my car so that I can start shopping around. I'll be sure to report the quotes I get here.

My car, my wife's car, my house insurance is currently with State Farm Insurance which I haven't been happy with either the price or the customer service, so I'll be shopping around to move all of that over.

·
Registered
384 Posts
My car, my wife's car, my house insurance is currently with State Farm Insurance which I haven't been happy with either the price or the customer service, so I'll be shopping around to move all of that over.
Good choice in my opinion, I left State Farm years ago after my families car got a fender bender and State Farm wrote it off and determined it unfit for the road (Seriously a dented bumper, that was all).

I've been with TD for my home and auto with a YorkU discount, really happy with them after 5 years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just for your information, Got an offer for 1.300 CAN$/year for an all risk insurance in the Netherlands. So valuewise it seems quite close between our countries.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I got a quote from Co-Operators and it is $1,114 per year with multi-car discount etc. I used the VIN number from the car which I test drove. I live in a rural area, so insurance cost is less than if you live in an urban area like Toronto or Mississauga.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I got a quote from my broker in Montreal. 883$ a year tax in if I put a tag tracker in the car. (1003$/ year without it)

·
Registered
326 Posts
My insurance here for my hybrid ioniq is £184 a year .:D

This is a comprehensive policy (not 3rd party) and includes mrs.ajiom as well ( second driver )

This will cover me in all British territory and also extends to other EU states.

I might also get a £45 cashback on this as I went via a cashback site (this has been tracked but sometimes they decline it )

Probably the only thing which is cheap here as we get ripped off on everything else ..

·
Registered
168 Posts
Insurance Corporation of British Columbia ( ICBC ) Insurance coverage for the Hyundai Ioniq EV

Basic Insurance $ 600

3rd Party Liability $ 103

Collision $ 245

Comprehensive $ 77

Total $1,025

Of course upon renewal there is a Annual Licence Fee, Registration, Provincial Park Plate Fee ( if applicable ) -- Approx $125

However, these current Government operated Insurance Plan fees will be increasing 10% this year.

In BC we HAVE to purchase our Basic Insurance from the Government, but can shop around for the other required coverages

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just called my insurance company (Belair Direct in beautiful and very hot Ottawa). I already have my Rogue insured with them.

To add the new vehicle (Ioniq EV, Limited Blue) for the second driver in the household, it will cost me an additional $750 per year. This includes $1M liability, $500 deductible, etc.
They added this extra thingy where, if the car is totaled during the first 36 months, I get full purchase value back.
I might drive the car to work once or twice a month only.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts