Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I started up my month-old Ioniq hydrid and noticed a burnt electronics smell. I checked under the hood and didn't see any problems or errors so continued on my way. However, I noticed that two of the white speed markers between 50 and 60 and 80 and 90 were not illuminated normally so I believe that I might have discovered the source of the odor. It is not a major issue of course but having a technician without any experience on the Ioniq dig into the dashboard on such a new vehicle and potentially create a host of new rattles doesn't really excite me. I'll take it in with advance notice for its first service if they can get the parts and have it taken care of but, does anyone know if it is possible to remove the main instrument panel including speedo without needing to pull out the complete dashboard? I'd like to know the amount of time involved before getting them to repair it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Last week I started up my month-old Ioniq hydrid and noticed a burnt electronics smell. I checked under the hood and didn't see any problems or errors so continued on my way. However, I noticed that two of the white speed markers between 50 and 60 and 80 and 90 were not illuminated normally so I believe that I might have discovered the source of the odor. It is not a major issue of course but having a technician without any experience on the Ioniq dig into the dashboard on such a new vehicle and potentially create a host of new rattles doesn't really excite me. I'll take it in with advance notice for its first service if they can get the parts and have it taken care of but, does anyone know if it is possible to remove the main instrument panel including speedo without needing to pull out the complete dashboard? I'd like to know the amount of time involved before getting them to repair it.
Ever figure out how to remove it? Was wondering if it's the same as the Sonata where you have to remove the top portion of the dash first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts