Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speedometer Motor vehicle Light Product Automotive design

Hi. I’m 2 weeks into owning my new 2020 Ioniq Limited. I’m truly enjoying this car. Today, I was following a car at what I think was a safe distance. The car made an erratic right turn merge ahead of me. My car chimed a few times and the green half circles (to right of eco/charge and to left of gas/battery) turned red and started flashing. I cannot find these half circles referenced in my manual. What are they called and what is their primary function and system they indicate for? Thanks!!

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq Premium SE PHEV
248 Posts
This has happenned to me a couple of times and is, I think, a safety feature which occurs if you don't brake or take some action when the car thinks you should. (Even though you are aware of the potential danger). The safety features generally on the IONIQ Phev are impressive. See Owner's Manual 5-52 Forward Collision Assist.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Premium (EV)
133 Posts
In my experience they will flash red if a collision is about to happen (Collision Detection) or if the rear sensors are detecting passing traffic or pedestrians when reversing.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq Premium SE PHEV
248 Posts
View attachment 35489
Hi. I’m 2 weeks into owning my new 2020 Ioniq Limited. I’m truly enjoying this car. Today, I was following a car at what I think was a safe distance. The car made an erratic right turn merge ahead of me. My car chimed a few times and the green half circles (to right of eco/charge and to left of gas/battery) turned red and started flashing. I cannot find these half circles referenced in my manual. What are they called and what is their primary function and system they indicate for? Thanks!!
See Owner's Manual 5-52 Forward Collision Assist

1 - 4 of 4 Posts