·
Super Moderator
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another source quoting delay 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid: Specs, MPG - 2017 / 2018 New Car Models

2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid: Release date, Price

2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid is expected to go on sale in late 2016. Release date might be postponed for a few weeks, and this new car might be released in 2017. There is no confirmation on the price range as well. As the release date comes closer, Hyundai will surely reveal full details on price range for this new model

release date in UK was supposed to be October , now slipping to 2017? that's more than a few weeks

why??

·
Registered
176 Posts
Good question. I hope it is because they have now seen the competition, and are working to make the Ioniq better. If that is the case, I'm willing to wait a "few weeks."

I think the Ioniq (all thats we have heard) is equal or superior to the 2015 Prius. But the 2016 Prius made some technological advances. The Ioniq has the new Prius beat hands down on looks, but it will need some tweaks to compete mechanically.

That's my opinion. What's yours?

·
Super Moderator
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
slightly bigger batteries to improve range on all three models would be good, and priced slightly more aggressively compared to prius (around £20-21k instead of the £22k being indicated) would be my opinion

and full UK spec details so we can see what we are getting for the money

·
Registered
55 Posts
Maybe the delay is due to lack of supply for other regions while Hyundai is trying to satisfy their home market? NO idea why there would be such a long delay.

·
Registered
323 Posts
It could even be an issue with suppliers of parts since car makers depend on a lot of companies, they don't make every single thing included on the car in house, a lot is outsourced. Surprisingly that's news to a lot of people out there.

·
Super Moderator
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if you look in one of the other threads I queried the reported delay with Hyundai uk and got told launch still on for October

but yep aware manufacturers outsource much, fuel components / ECU often bosch or Delphi, filters often one of the major providers, oils / lubricants are Shell for Hyundai, spark plugs, brakes, airbags, stereo, are all third party off the shelf parts

manufacturers pretty much only make the chassis, engine block and head

·
Registered
169 Posts
If Hyundai UK told you that the launch is still in October then I would have to believe that your information is more accurate. Makes me wonder if the New Zealand delay is still going to happen or if they'll get their Ioniqs on time.

Also, that means Hyundai won't be improving on the Inoniq since there is no delay.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts