Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a link for Infinity Sound System Manual for the Premium and Premium SE ? Can't seem to find one anywhere on the web

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No , not really just wanted to get familiar with all the functions available on the Ioniq . Has the SatNav got full postcode search , will it read SMS texts back ,does it play audio files direct from a USB drive etc

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
i put some music on a 2GB usb stick, and it plays ok,

you can browse the folders and play the tracks easilly

you can also use the up / down buttons on the steering wheel to move through the tracks, but not folders

track info is shown on the screen as well

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks ,I thought it might but nice to have it confirmed

·
Registered
344 Posts
i put some music on a 2GB usb stick, and it plays ok,

you can browse the folders and play the tracks easilly

you can also use the up / down buttons on the steering wheel to move through the tracks, but not folders

track info is shown on the screen as well
Was gonna ask about that. A lot of cars take a year and a Sunday to load all of the tracks for scrolling through the lists or even begin playing in general

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
coming back to sat nag and posts codes

if you enter the postcode you can't enter the door number

BUT, if you enter town / city, road you can then enter the house number

I have also found today in London it tried to direct me down some "no through roads" it thought you could go down, so got to look at getting a map update, as it also don't know about some 50mph limits near me

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep the SatNav isn't the greatest but it's OK certainly better than the Kadjar . Pity though that you can only update them at the dealership apparently . Still that's no biggie to me . The Infinity sound system is good , again better than the Kadjar , turned it up full on my drive home for a couple of seconds....my ears are still bleeding :)

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
what I noticed was even up high the sound was still clear and not distorted

if you set your phone as a wifi hotspot you can get all the live services (speed camera's and traffic), but finding the place in the system to connect to your phone wifi is fun, it was somewhere in system I think, definitely was not in the NAV menus

best manual is the 40 page quick start guide, has pretty much all you need in that one little book

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"best manual is the 40 page quick start guide, has pretty much all you need in that one little book"
I'm starting with that one and working up :)

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
worth reading the H pages at the front of the main manual regarding the battery pack and rear seat etc

also the cruise, if you tap the brake to disengage it, it tends to cut off very abrupt and jerky, if you use the bottom right "0" button on the right hand side of the steering wheel it disengages smoothly

I think when you tap the brake it disengages the cruise and gives you a brief shot of regen braking which gives the little jerk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Out of interest where does the subwoofer live in this system? I'm used to seeing a grille in the sidepanel of the boot somewhere indicating where it's mounted but all of the photos I've found I can't see anything that would show were it's hidden?

(Purely out of curiosity!)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Out of interest where does the subwoofer live in this system? I'm used to seeing a grille in the sidepanel of the boot somewhere indicating where it's mounted but all of the photos I've found I can't see anything that would show were it's hidden?

(Purely out of curiosity!)

The sub is located on the left side of the boot (at least in the test vehicle I drove). Does not impact the boot space at all, so good solution :).

I'll be able to tell you for sure once I get my IONIQ (hopefully next week).

See you,
Isnox

·
Registered
260 Posts
"best manual is the 40 page quick start guide, has pretty much all you need in that one little book"
I'm starting with that one and working up :)
I am fairly keen and downloaded the big manual for the car, but there is very little in there about the Infinity system.

Are you able to do a cheeky scan and upload the 40 page guide?

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am fairly keen and downloaded the big manual for the car, but there is very little in there about the Infinity system.

Are you able to do a cheeky scan and upload the 40 page guide?
That's probably just the user manual for the Ioniq you've downloaded . The car comes with two manuals , one for the car the other for the multimedia system ( Infinity ) . I've no been able to find a manual for the Infinity on line

·
Registered
260 Posts
I've no been able to find a manual for the Infinity on line
That's the manual I would really like to get a look at, so didn't know if someone is in a position to do a cheeky scan of it. ;-)

I have the big manual for the car, but as said it does have very little about the stereo. I used to be in to the car audio scene, and one of the reasons I have gone for he Ioniq is a far better than average audio setup. I'd just like to read up on it ;-)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts