Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Contacted my dealer, he stated delivery will be as planned. ( December ). Hope this is true :)
I also visited my dealer today, and as always, he hadn't heard of the issue, and he still couldn't give me a delivery date.
All he could tell me is, that at the moment Hyundai Denmark expect a delay of eight months, and as my delivery should have been February 5th, I should expect delivery some time in October. But he didn't even believe it himself.
I'm currently in contact with a BMW sales guy, a friend of one of my friends, about a BMW iX. He ensures me that they can deliver within four to six months, if I order soon.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Not a single reference to this when I did a Google search. I call BS.
It seems other news sources have picked up the story.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok so it's sounds like a 2 month delay if they can't source chips elsewhere. It could be worse I guess.

Hopefully they will get chips from another supplier though and get us our new wheels sooner :)

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 5 SE AWD, Cyber Gray
55 Posts
It seems other news sources have picked up the story.

So far everything I have seen either refers back to that one single report, or is the same report translated / attributed to the original authors. Example, the first link refers to its source as "As reported by KED Global," which is the one and only source.

·
Registered
'23 lucid blue limited on "order"
88 Posts
On Reddit, Hyundai is playing down the initial story: (the "me" is the Reddit person, not me)

Hyundai Public Relations Comment on Chip Issue

Hyundai PR has provided me with their comment on the chip issue reported this past week:

"Hyundai Motor Company is aware of media reports about one of our automotive chip suppliers producing flawed chips. We can confirm that no flawed chips have been delivered to Hyundai. Hyundai Motor Company is still closely monitoring the semiconductor chip shortage situation to optimize production in line with supply conditions and taking necessary measures such as adjusting production schedules."

21 - 28 of 28 Posts