Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know: does the Ioniq only support 2G wifi? - I ask, because parked on the drive the car is seeing my home network. My router is dual band but I've not been able to connect to the 5G network but connected readily to the 2G one. Can't believe that technology has advanced to the point where we're discussing a car connecting to a home wifi network!

John

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
the Ioniq has WiFi access so it can connect to phone hotspots for live traffic and speed camera warnings (where legal), certainly in the UK there is no cellular option

US where it has bluelink? not sure if it uses cellular or needs to be connected to a WiFi hotspot / router

·
Registered
157 Posts
Do you know if you connect your phone to the Ioniq via the USB socket and it uses the data from your phone to get live traffic or speed camera details. Is it tethering or not ?

Not sure if anyone has tried it as normally if your tarrif doesn't support tethering then you quite quickly get a text from mobile operator to tell you. Certainly with three you get one.

For example any iPhone users having to switch their hotspot on or is it accessing the data without that.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think JohnFleet was referring to 2.4GHz and 5GHz 802.11 g/n/ac rather than 4G/LTE/5G WCDMA.
In other words, does the wifi in the car support 802.11 variations at 5GHz frequency?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think JohnFleet was referring to 2.4GHz and 5GHz 802.11 g/n/ac rather than 4G/LTE/5G WCDMA.
In other words, does the wifi in the car support 802.11 variations at 5GHz frequency?
I was indeed! - my question relates to the capability - not sure if the car should be able to connect to a 5GHz network or not...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts