Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have downloaded my Google Contacts using .CSV format to a USB plug but this format is not recognised. I know GPX is required for POIs but any idea why this default transfer file format does not work?

UK version.

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry. Auto-correct bias or finger trouble! Should be Hyundai. Meantime I might have found the solution. My USB stick was formatted to NTFS. The car wants FAT32 or EXFAT. Trying again

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The answer! The car will only accept .KML file format. GPX will work for cameras. Discovered this when I downloaded from the car and had a look. Android Auto is the answer methinks.
Just had the car's data dealer updated today with new firmware and map info. Hyundai have not updated their own dealer info even though they moved in 2018. Not encouraging. :(

·
Super Moderator
2,016 Posts
Sorry. Auto-correct bias or finger trouble! Should be Hyundai. Meantime I might have found the solution. My USB stick was formatted to NTFS. The car wants FAT32 or EXFAT. Trying again
I've changed it to Hyundai Ioniq now . Don't want people googling Honda turning up here :LOL:

·
Registered
550 Posts
The answer! The car will only accept .KML file format. GPX will work for cameras. Discovered this when I downloaded from the car and had a look. Android Auto is the answer methinks.
Just had the car's data dealer updated today with new firmware and map info. Hyundai have not updated their own dealer info even though they moved in 2018. Not encouraging. :(
Please could you further clarify your post? You refer to KML and GPX formats. I can't remember whether I have tested reading KML files but I can confirm that that it is/was possible to create or read third party GPX files into the SAtTNAV as NAV>> My POI. I have no reason to doubt a previous poster who has reported that the latest map update has zapped this feature. If you are also able to confirm this I feel inclined to decline the latest map update as I think the feature is marginally more useful than what I might gain. (As you are in the UK you will be aware of the National Trust - there is a free POI file - if I am travelling and decide on the spur of the moment to visit a site the coordinates are there ready. Very convenient if you get my meaning :)).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Please could you further clarify your post? You refer to KML and GPX formats. I can't remember whether I have tested reading KML files but I can confirm that that it is/was possible to create or read third party GPX files into the SAtTNAV as NAV>> My POI. I have no reason to doubt a previous poster who has reported that the latest map update has zapped this feature. If you are also able to confirm this I feel inclined to decline the latest map update as I think the feature is marginally more useful than what I might gain. (As you are in the UK you will be aware of the National Trust - there is a free POI file - if I am travelling and decide on the spur of the moment to visit a site the coordinates are there ready. Very convenient if you get my meaning :)).
Sorry for the delay. I was awaiting my map update, which just occurred.
Didn’t know Honda dId a Iconiq as well;)
Right. I have had the new firmware, system software and map installed by my main dealer. Some things have changed, true, but the Camera Alert feature is still there although now not where the handbook says. Only trouble is the cameras do not appear on the map. The handbook says you have have to be connected to a Wi-fi network, which implies your phone has to be tethered to car. No big deal, but it won't work seemingly through a Bluetooth sync. I will go out for a guided route passing some long established GATSO cameras and see what happens.

As regard KML/GPX files, I have discovered that if you want to import your own address book, you would need to convert the .CSV exported file (from, say Google Contacts) to KML using a converter. This will require mapping the address details. The syntax that appears is:
<Placemark>
<name>Royal Lane 00, Anytown, Uxbridge, Unite</name>
<Point>
<coordinates>
</coordinates>
</Point>
so your data is actually converted to a coordinate rather than simple text.

For cameras I am going to give it a try once I get hold of some locations to import. Not sure if/how they would appear. Whether they would require or could support a bitmap camera image is another mystery.

One last thing, check the formatting of your USB stick. It needs FAT32, FAT 16, not NTFS.

The attractive of Android Auto does loom large, even with the *** of a cable.

·
Registered
550 Posts
It is possible that have answered a question and solved a problem without realising it, lets hope so :).
In the pre latest updated map/nav system it was possible to have your own personalised Points of Interest, which would not normally be contacts as such but would nevertheless be addresses, such as National Trust properties for example. Such a file is I think available as a kml file. There are gpx to kml convertors.
If these files are simply imported to the address book instead it would go a long way to resolving the issue. Are you aware of an upper limit to the address book?
The other thread on this subject

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No. I can't find that info. Documentation is sparse to non-existent. I decided that I would create the address book on the fly, adding an address when needed. Android Auto eliminates that issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for this. Duly installed on my phone. I shall 'talk" to the car tomorrow.

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts