Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.. not as senior as you guys.. :p

But do I get a prize?

I never did do the introduction thingy so... may as well?

Name is Tess, I live in East Midlands and I'm from France, I've been in Britain 11 years and work in Radiotherapy as a medical software engineer.

I've been a geek my whole life and technology is not just work, it's a passion hence the attraction to EV.
I'm also into my cars and the bigger, the faster, the better but my environmental activist side took over after years of Diesel engines and I got the Ioniq Hybrid. I hope the full EV will improve and replace my hybrid in the near future.

That's all 0:)

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
30? Does this mean we can no longer trust you?

Or I could make jokes about "Senior Member". Easier if you fess up to being a guy....

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Err.. @yticolev you completely lost me.. 30 what? And trust who? And fess up to being a guy? LOL!!! Thanks for that. Best thing I've read all night.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
There is a famous quote often attributed to Hippie/Yippie activists Abbie Hoffman (Steal this book) or Jerry Rubin (but really coined by a less famous contemporary named Jack Weinberg): Don't trust anyone over 30. Although this quote was from mid 1960's, it is so completely in the lexicon of Americans of every age such they would get the joke.

I completely forgot that the rest of the world may not be familiar with that. You mentioned in other threads that you are 29. I don't know how long you have been 29 (perhaps years), but it was possible that you are now admitting to 30.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well.. not as senior as you guys.. :p

But do I get a prize?

I never did do the introduction thingy so... may as well?

Name is Tess, I live in East Midlands and I'm from France, I've been in Britain 11 years and work in Radiotherapy as a medical software engineer.

I've been a geek my whole life and technology is not just work, it's a passion hence the attraction to EV.
I'm also into my cars and the bigger, the faster, the better but my environmental activist side took over after years of Diesel engines and I got the Ioniq Hybrid. I hope the full EV will improve and replace my hybrid in the near future.

That's all 0:)
Hi, Tess. I'm also in the East Midlands (North Notts) but nearer to you in Derbyshire are good friends of mine who, coincidentally are also from France - Poitiers via Laguépie.
I also came to the Ioniq from 10 years+ of diesel ownership.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@yticolev - you're proving to be a right tw*t - accusing me of being a man and of being older than I said I was..
/ignore

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi, Tess. I'm also in the East Midlands (North Notts) but nearer to you in Derbyshire are good friends of mine who, coincidentally are also from France - Poitiers via Laguépie.
I also came to the Ioniq from 10 years+ of diesel ownership.
No way! And you have an Ioniq? Or are you waiting for one? I have yet to see one and I work in Notts and live in Derbyshire.. so do quite a bit of miles.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Marina blue but only had it a few days. I live at Blyth so unless you're at Bassetlaw hospital the chances of you seeing it are slim.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah no.. well that's ok actually.. I'm enjoying the looks I get from being the only one with this car for what seems like quite a large radius. :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Marina blue but only had it a few days. I live at Blyth so unless you're at Bassetlaw hospital the chances of you seeing it are slim.
You are not a million mile away from me I live in Maltby.
I have still to see an Ioniq on the road yet.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well.. atleast you didn't become senior member and get accused of being a man...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well.. atleast you didn't become senior member and get accused of being a man...
Reminds me of the tagline someone used when I first started on forums and chatrooms years and years ago when I was young and the world was even younger - "The internet... where men are men, and most of the women are too"

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes well don't I know it.. I've been gaming and on chats/forums since I was 12 and was repeatedly told, girls don't game, girls don't use the internet and girls can't computers. So I asked them who the **** they thought they were s3x chatting half the time... went rather silent after that. A/s/l?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes well don't I know it.. I've been gaming and on chats/forums since I was 12 and was repeatedly told, girls don't game, girls don't use the internet and girls can't computers. So I asked them who the **** they thought they were s3x chatting half the time... went rather silent after that. A/s/l?
IN the ether 18/m/Mayfair ... in real life 100 (might as well be!)/m/scouseland !

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hahaha omg u just surprised the h3ll out of me - I honestly didn't expect you to know what a/s/l stood for let alone to respond to it. Lol! That's given me one h3ll of a flashback.. thanks for that.
LOL

1 - 20 of 25 Posts