Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is much discussion on the forum about the electric side of our hybrids, but little discussion about the engine that does most of the work in our vehicles - the ICE. If there were some tuning to be performed on the ICE then our MPG and our performance would be enhanced. I know there are scammers out there that want to sell us a "magic" box that will do miracles! But alas, the magic does not work. I offer no suggestions. I just put this out there for discussion.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Some of us concerned about the ICE being Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) and install an oil catch can to prevent carbon buildup behind the intake valves. Some change engine air filter more often than what is required by the manual. Some install an engine block heater to warmup the ICE before leaving their house in winter.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Back in the day, performance or efficiency tuning worked. But now, engines are designed as a package deal and modifying them doesn't really pay off in a cost effective way tuning them up or down. Best just to buy an OEM car that suits your efficiency or performance needs to a price point.

Reactions: Decro

·
Registered
58 Posts
The Ioniq's ICE is one of the most efficient gasoline engines in production. There are no aftermarket devices that can improve on that. Look in the SAE database of published papers for a comprehensive tech paper on the engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts