Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ioniq5 has been out of commission for a month due to a faulty ICCU part (prevents the car from charging). They tell me the part is on back order, with no information on how much longer it will take. Has anyone experienced this? Any advice on how to speed up the process?

· Registered
77 Posts
If you want speed, you're barking up the wrong tree.

My 12v battery died and my car has been at Hyundai since Oct. 31 and they still haven't found out what is causing the battery drain.
I have filed a lemon law suit and hoping to resolve this shortly.
Most of the parts they produce go directly into new cars, so I think repairs are on the back burner until supply catches up to demand.
Good luck.

· Registered
14 Posts
November 11th for me. Car is still at the dealership and they don't even know what to troubleshoot next. I've been trying to work with Hyundai Consumer Affairs but their support has essentially been nonexistent. I couldn't even get in touch with my case manager and he never returned my calls.

Car was purchased end of June and has roughly 9.5k miles on it.

· Registered
2 Posts
My car had a faulty ICCU on delivery, drove 5 hours home from the dealership I bought from to find it would only charge on DC, and not on AC.
It was in the dealership local to me for just over 4 weeks awaiting the ICCU, and that was with me chasing constantly to Hyundai directly multiple times per week.
Good luck with getting it replaced!

· Registered
4 Posts
My Ioniq5 has been out of commission for a month due to a faulty ICCU part (prevents the car from charging). They tell me the part is on back order, with no information on how much longer it will take. Has anyone experienced this? Any advice on how to speed up the process?
How did you file? I m so aggravated myself. My 2022 Ionic has only been at dealer for 3 weeks..i want to be reimbursed for my 817 car payment... any info you can share? Thanks and Good Luck!

· Registered
4 Posts
Not sure if my message got sent.. i'm new to this.. but i'm going thru the same. They ordered the ICCU. I'm in Tampbay Florida. What have you heard from them? My I5 has been there since Jan 3. I have a 800 car payment and now i'm paying gas...i drive for a living. i'm beyond frustrated. what can we do?? ugggg

· Registered
4 Posts
My car had a faulty ICCU on delivery, drove 5 hours home from the dealership I bought from to find it would only charge on DC, and not on AC.
It was in the dealership local to me for just over 4 weeks awaiting the ICCU, and that was with me chasing constantly to Hyundai directly multiple times per week.
Good luck with getting it replaced!
Hi,.. i'm new to this forum stuff but had to find others going through this. i'm bought my first ev, the I5 end of Aug...only has 6k. It has been at the dealer since Jan 3... they didint know what was wrong.. troubleshooting.. after a week...said they will order the ICCU but will take 2 weeks to comei n... well... i drive for a living and now i have this high car payment...800 a month for my I5 and nowi have to pay for GAS...good grief... Do you think we can have them cover our car payment?? lol.. i need help! i can't afford the payment and Now gas on top...

· Registered
2 Posts
I got a hire car for the entire period, plus they covered my fuel too ~£350 for the month as I could have been charging for free. I've also had an offer for 2 years service plan, but not decided to accept or ask for more yet. If you don't ask for something you won't get it!

· Registered
2022 IONIQ 5 RWD Premium 58kWh
25 Posts
I got a hire car for the entire period, plus they covered my fuel too ~£350 for the month as I could have been charging for free. I've also had an offer for 2 years service plan, but not decided to accept or ask for more yet. If you don't ask for something you won't get it!
Good to hear you squeezed some sort of compensation out of them - that's really useful to know; I'm in the same boat now with the ICCU fault (3 weeks and counting) and my garage wont even be registering the job until next month (as they've been offline due to "issues" and can't do EV work; finally booked 20k service + investigation for early Feb). It's crazy, because if they'd ordered the part when it failed then it would be getting fixed at the service. Instead now a potential 4 week wait on top - if I'm lucky :) Next nearest Hyundai is 6 hour round trip, and even then they were quoting March before investigation.

I'm grateful I can still charge with DC, but it's a major inconvenience when you're used to charging overnight at home! The "honeymoon period" of finding empty chargers around the nearest town is long gone.

· Registered
893 Posts
If you want speed, you're barking up the wrong tree.

My 12v battery died and my car has been at Hyundai since Oct. 31 and they still haven't found out what is causing the battery drain.
I have filed a lemon law suit and hoping to resolve this shortly.
Most of the parts they produce go directly into new cars, so I think repairs are on the back burner until supply catches up to demand.
Good luck.
shameful

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not sure if my message got sent.. i'm new to this.. but i'm going thru the same. They ordered the ICCU. I'm in Tampbay Florida. What have you heard from them? My I5 has been there since Jan 3. I have a 800 car payment and now i'm paying gas...i drive for a living. i'm beyond frustrated. what can we do?? ugggg
Still no luck after 5 weeks...

· Registered
345 Posts
Feb 2022 my car stopped charging. They replaced the ICCU it didn't correct the problem. They then replaced some fuse which corrected it. From the diagnosis time, waiting on parts, etc the car was finally repaired in June 2022. It took so long that the dealership agreed to push hyundai to get me a full replacement vehicle which I eventually did get.

· Registered
2022 IONIQ 5 RWD Premium 58kWh
25 Posts
Feb 2022 my car stopped charging. They replaced the ICCU it didn't correct the problem. They then replaced some fuse which corrected it. From the diagnosis time, waiting on parts, etc the car was finally repaired in June 2022. It took so long that the dealership agreed to push hyundai to get me a full replacement vehicle which I eventually did get.
Do you have any more specifics on the fuse they replaced? (the optimist in me wondering if it could really be that simple and something I could fix myself!! Hahahahahaha)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts