• No.

Votes: 103 73.0%
  • NonIoniq 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

ICCU Failure

12742 Views 232 Replies 46 Participants Last post by  Markypops
How many members have had an ICCU fail?
121 - 140 of 233 Posts
My ICCU died last week with 11,000 miles. It started as most others with a yellow battery light, turtle mode, and finally a red battery light. I purchased in Feb 2022. The dealership told me they ordered both ICCU and fuse, but said it might take 1 month, but they had not ETA on part other than it was a custom order. I have a rental car which they are paying for. I will have to ask about paying for my gas.
Exactly. If we want to have relevant data about number of ICCU failures and at the same time keep proportion, I propose to add into poll another option

-Yes, I had ICCU fault (NOT IONIQ 5 model)
Poll amended, good idea.
My ICCU died last week with 11,000 miles. It started as most others with a yellow battery light, turtle mode, and finally a red battery light. I purchased in Feb 2022. The dealership told me they ordered both ICCU and fuse, but said it might take 1 month, but they had not ETA on part other than it was a custom order. I have a rental car which they are paying for. I will have to ask about paying for my gas.
Consider yourself lucky, my Kia dealer said they only got approved for the ICCU and not the fuse, I have a feeling I'm in for a long wait if after waiting for the ICCU we will need to wait for a fuse.
Certainly. And on the other hand, I would not accept any No, I've never had an ICCU failure vote from anyone whose car has not been on the road for at least one full year.
Yup definitely goes both ways. That’s why I haven’t voted and keeping my fingers crossed.
Reactions: 1
Yup definitely goes both ways. That’s why I haven’t voted and keeping my fingers crossed.
Same here. Our year is up in two months so maybe I'll vote then if we're still on the road. (Except that such testimonials have been statistically proven to be ferociously bad juju, so still maybe not ... ;) )
Same here. Our year is up in two months so maybe I'll vote then if we're still on the road. (Except that such testimonials have been statistically proven to be ferociously bad juju, so still maybe not ... ;) )
I voted no and the car is 17 months old……...
Consider yourself lucky, my Kia dealer said they only got approved for the ICCU and not the fuse, I have a feeling I'm in for a long wait if after waiting for the ICCU we will need to wait for a fuse.
I was crying watching mechanic attempted to replace fuse using existing battery opening on the side. He failed, and was forced to remove and disassemble high voltage battery. Why not just make side opening 2 inches large to be able to replace fuse, mean to be replaceable! I hope person who designed this had been fired.
I was crying watching mechanic attempted to replace fuse using existing battery opening on the side. He failed, and was forced to remove and disassemble high voltage battery. Why not just make side opening 2 inches large to be able to replace fuse, mean to be replaceable! I hope person who designed this had been fired.
This has been addressed with latest revisions and 2023 models.
Reactions: 2
I voted no and the car is 17 months old……...
So was mine.
It's wild how varied it all is. I'm at 1.5 years and 11k, no issues. Buddy's at 1.3 years and 25k, no issues. Seems like it's all over the map.
It's wild how varied it all is. I'm at 1.5 years and 11k, no issues. Buddy's at 1.3 years and 25k, no issues. Seems like it's all over the map.
Here's my question, is there any concreate correlation?

The people who have had issues what is that you all have in common?
Herse my question, is there any concreate correlation?

The people who have had issues what is that you all have in common?
Oh for sure, having dealt with this kinda thing before (Mechatronics unit on the MkV .:R32) I'm thinking it's more an issue with a component during a specific run vs the part entirely? That might explain the randomness.
Oh for sure, having dealt with this kinda thing before (Mechatronics unit on the MkV .:R32) I'm thinking it's more an issue with a component during a specific run vs the part entirely? That might explain the randomness.
Nice, gave up on euro cars but those are cool. I'm just worried about this showing up in the I6 vehicles in 6 months to a year.
Nice, gave up on euro cars but those are cool. I'm just worried about this showing up in the I6 vehicles in 6 months to a year.
For sure, I'm worried about it showing up at all because it sounds like a pain even in so-cal where dealer appointments are as easy as candy. I'm going to be really surprised if there isn't some kind of feedback from Hyundai over the next 3-6 months given the volume we've seen here, just wish everyone would file a darn NHTSA complaint :D.
... just wish everyone would file a darn NHTSA complaint :D.
Amen to that! A full-on recall, or at least some NHTSA-forced plausible explanation by Hyundai as to why a recall is unnecessary, would be most welcome.
So I just went in to pick up my car for a replacement of the clock spring (creaky steering wheel) and after waiting a while they come out and say my car won’t start…dead 12v from tech leaving it in accessory mode too long? Or could this be potential iccu?

have had car for just over a year and have 10.5k miles

22 limited awd
So I just went in to pick up my car for a replacement of the clock spring (creaky steering wheel) and after waiting a while they come out and say my car won’t start…dead 12v from tech leaving it in accessory mode too long? Or could this be potential iccu?

have had car for just over a year and have 10.5k miles

22 limited awd
I suppose any part can fail at any time, but I'd personally be more suspicious with regard to the clear sequence of events, i.e., (1) they took your car apart, then (2) it wouldn't work when they put it back together. Ooops?!? Since it was mostly working when you gave it to them but it's much, much less working now, it's their screwup and responsibility.
I suppose any part can fail at any time, but I'd personally be more suspicious with regard to the clear sequence of events, i.e., (1) they took your car apart, then (2) it wouldn't work when they put it back together. Ooops?!? Since it was mostly working when you gave it to them but it's much, much less working now, it's their screwup and responsibility.
I mean the car is under warranty so its covered anyway...and they replaced a clock spring in the steering column, not related to the battery at all. I was just wondering if the 12v died naturally from the tech leaving the car in acc mode or if the ICCU was already on its way out due to the timeline (1 year ownership)...
I mean the car is under warranty so its covered anyway...and they replaced a clock spring in the steering column, not related to the battery at all. I was just wondering if the 12v died naturally from the tech leaving the car in acc mode or if the ICCU was already on its way out due to the timeline (1 year ownership)...
This thread makes me nervous! We do road trips from time to time and am beginning to question going with our ICE back up for trips. A recall seems appropriate. It would be in Hyundai’s interest if they want all of us to recommend and give positive reviews. Getting stuck hundreds of miles from home and no parts for months sucks. EV of the year? Not if it dies routinely.
Reactions: 4
Sure, either of your suspicions are very possibly correct! The fact that the car was just being worked on would incline me to have greatest suspicion towards how that work was carried out.
121 - 140 of 233 Posts