Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to do some very sudden braking yesterday. I think I actually beat the auto reaction which was pleasing, but that may have been because the car was at the brow of a hill and pointing upwards. Anyway no harm done. But what did take us by surprise was that the hazard lights automatically turned on.

I had no idea that happened and in my three years on the forum I can't recall it being mentioned. (no doubt someone will prove me wrong)

Reactions: KevinT

·
Registered
110 Posts
I believe it's one of those 'mandated by a committee in Brussels' requirements on safety grounds. I had it activate when I did three or four emergency stops in a row to dry and clean my brake discs after the car had sat for a week in the rain.

Reactions: KevinT

·
Registered
Ioniq phev 2018
112 Posts
In winter I now and then brake hard in order to keep brakes fit. The hazard lights trigger and they keep on flashing for a while. It's embarrassing to drive with them flashing.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Same behavior in the US. Described in the manual.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well well - maybe that should be added to that wonderful thread with the title like "I never new it did that!" [can't find it at the moment.]

Cymro

·
Registered
636 Posts
In winter I now and then brake hard in order to keep brakes fit. The hazard lights trigger and they keep on flashing for a while. It's embarrassing to drive with them flashing.
You don't have to brake hard to scrub the mechanical brakes, just pop it into neutral so that they're forced to do all the work. A few normal stops in neutral is all it's ever taken to get mine clean again.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well well - maybe that should be added to that wonderful thread with the title like "I never new it did that!" [can't find it at the moment.]
That's where I wanted to put it, but I couldn't find it either.

·
Super Moderator
8,176 Posts
But what did take us by surprise was that the hazard lights automatically turned on.

I had no idea that happened and in my three years on the forum I can't recall it being mentioned. (no doubt someone will prove me wrong)
yep its a G sensor i believe, and they turn off automatically once you start accelerating again

you will find other little things like the Cruise cuts out if ABS / Traction control cuts in (eg in poor weather like snow / standing water)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts