Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
181 - 200 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq Electric, 2022 Ioniq 5 Limited (in transit)
761 Posts
Ugh…10/6 now. I hope they hold to the two weeks from arrival, which means Next Week. My V2L just arrived. I guess I can pretend to plug in a blender and make whirling noises…..

·
Registered
655 Posts
I haven't been this excited for a ship to come in since the Autumn of 1983. I was on the dock in San Francisco awaiting a tramp steamer that went by the name of the Golden Poppy. She was arriving seven days late from Guizhou with my first of three mail-order brides. A lovely little thing who I fondly referred to as LULU. She wasn't much on talking but she made a mean Gambian Sijidou.

·
Registered
761 Posts
The anxiety gets worse at Port as you never know when it will arrive at the dealer. 1 week to 5 weeks, it’s a roulette wheel. You can easily track the ships with some confidence although you do not know which one it’s on .
At least my V2L came today…. Very well built and rugged. I plan on making free coffee at my first Drive EV event in early October if it gets here.

I may buy the NFC card this week as a new Android phone for My Digital Key comes in Wednesday, I loved that feature on my Mach E until it failed because ford updated the App every few weeks. Finally, I may order the OEM hitch and wiring kit. My dealer would not Match internet pricing so I am picking it up from Quirk Parts in Mass. in a few weeks and saving a Few hundred while on a trip for work.

My 2.49% financing is now 2.79%. I hope it does not go higher before the car arrives.

I just want my car…… I would rent a truck and trailer ASAP and pay for the gas and haul it home if they would let me.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL 2022 Ioniq 5 Limited
17 Posts
Mine just moved the right from 9/27 to 10/4
Mine too, moved from 9/27 to 10/4. However, I am now able to view the window sticker now with a delivery port of Philadelphia. I am just wondering how in the world it would take 9/10 to 10/4 to transport the car a 100 miles to the dealership.

·
Registered
2022, Teal Limited AWD
175 Posts
Mine too, moved from 9/27 to 10/4. However, I am now able to view the window sticker now with a delivery port of Philadelphia. I am just wondering how in the world it would take 9/10 to 10/4 to transport the car a 100 miles to the dealership.
Processing which we do not have a lot of information on. My understanding is accessories are installed at the port and there is a large vehicle processing facility that has been constructed in Phila. I imagine funneling a couple thousand vehicles through (not just Ioniqs) takes a lot of time.

Transportation: There are not just trucks and trains streaming out. Groups of vehicles need to be readied to meet the scheduled transport. ****, mine just has to barely 20 miles.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I traded in a PHEV (Volvo S60 Recharge) for it so I was able to transfer the plates. I do live in Massachusetts though the dealer was in CT.
Very cool. Yes it's nice to have specific plates for EV's. Maine does not. We do now have 30 day temp plates rather than 10 day which is a good thing. Enjoy! Maybe we will meet up at a Drive EV event. I went to the Lowell one in 2021 and gave rides in my Mach E. Many Tesla Owners were quite impressed.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Danbury Hyundai in CT had an I5 on Don Pasquale that arrived on 9/1 or 2 in Phl. Their car is already on their lot! So that's about 10 days from Arrival to delivery. Fingers crossed that happens to others..... I had to look at two that arrived on 9/11 to two dealers from Morning Cindy near me. They were stunning. Shooting star and Cyber gray. Here are some photos. I wiped the drool off the panels......BTW this may not be sold to the original person, they just realized they lost the tax credit (never did the early paperwork). So the salesman says it will go to the next one on their long list......

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I see Darling's in some of your pics. I am expecting my Ioniq 5 Limited from them the middle of next month.
Did you have to wait long for the V2L? Now that I have a vin, I was thinking of ordering one. I heard they were hard to come by if you ordered from a dealer.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I see Darling's in some of your pics. I am expecting my Ioniq 5 Limited from them the middle of next month.
Did you have to wait long for the V2L? Now that I have a vin, I was thinking of ordering one. I heard they were hard to come by if you ordered from a dealer.
Order from here: $187 delivered. Genuine and USA. I got it in 5 days.

181 - 200 of 282 Posts