Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq Electric, 2022 Ioniq 5 Limited (in transit)
743 Posts
I am in the same "boat" . Delivery is around 9/2. What's the last of your VIN? Mine is 9761. I would love to see a video of it coming off the boat....in my dreams.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I wish I had patience to just sit and wait but I have little. A trait I have had since a little kid when building model cars with wet paint and never letting the glue dry. I am too excited about the I5. I had to wait 7 days for my Mach E as the dealer had to upgrade his Ford Credit software. That was an eternity to me. My paperwork for selling the Mach E is 4-6 days away too. Hopefully it all fits together and happens as planned or earlier.

My son has been waiting for a 22 Maverick Hybrid for 10 months and it will be 4 more for a 2023, I do not know how he does it.

My I5 could be sitting at Port as well waiting for trucking. There was a trucking delay in ‘19 waiting-for Ioniq Electrics. They had a 2-3 month delay getting them out of port.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My vehicle has a 9/1 ETA. There's a "Morning" boat arriving in PH tonight and one in a few days.
That's Morning Capo. It already delivered some I5s to Brunswick, GA on Saturday, then continued on and is now in the Port of Philadelphia to unload more cars.

The manifest will show on ImportInfo | Comprehensive United States Imports Database

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's Morning Capo. It already delivered some I5s to Brunswick, GA on Saturday, then continued on and is now in the Port of Philadelphia to unload more cars.

The manifest will show on ImportInfo | Comprehensive United States Imports Database
i find that ImportInfo site to be such a mess. Maybe I'm not searching the right thing, but it always returns a ton of manifests that I dont feel like sorting through. And at the end of the day, it sounds like there's no real way to see if a specific VIN is on a specific boat, so you're shooting in the dark anyways.

There's another Morning vessel set to arrive in PH on 8/19.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My future car has been baking on that huge parking lot in Brunswick for 3 weeks already. The assumption is that there is a shortage of truck drivers and they have a large backlog.
from the anecdotal info I've heard it sounds like Brunswick is more delay-prone than other ports, but like I said, it could just be anecdotal hearsay. But what's not hearsay is the reality of truck driver shortages.

·
Registered
49 Posts
from the anecdotal info I've heard it sounds like Brunswick is more delay-prone than other ports, but like I said, it could just be anecdotal hearsay. But what's not hearsay is the reality of truck driver shortages.
Based on my analysis, you are right, and there is nothing I can do but wait and se my estimate changes automatically every week. Originally it was 8/12, now it's 9/4. At least it didn't change this morning (it always does on Tuesday), so that's good news. The dealership is only 200 miles away from the Port.

EDIT: (8/16) it just extended for another week, to 9/11 :(
EDIT of the EDIT: (8/17) now it changed backwards to 8/29, so something is happening...
3rd EDIT (8/18): Changed to TN and delivery date to TODAY at 7AM?!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Based on my analysis, you are right, and there is nothing I can do but wait and se my estimate changes automatically every week. Originally it was 8/12, now it's 9/4. At least it didn't change this morning (it always does on Tuesday), so that's good news. The dealership is only 200 miles away from the Port.
Does the hiepcs site update every day?

·
Registered
49 Posts
How long did it take for your change from AA to PA? Or did it? Sticker generated?
I found it on that Google Doc allocation list on 7/22, and I reserved it the same day (after calling many dealers from the list to find one with no/small markup). Not sure if it was in the allocation system before that. It switched from AA to PA on 7/28, the day after the boar arrived, and that's when they created the sticker, too.

P.S. After many tries and exploring different avenues and people, I managed to convince them to send me a document that looks binding enough to possibly pass the IRS scrutiny. But that's another story.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does the hiepcs site update every day?
It looks like it does, i.e. whenever someone changes the DB, so it may even be several times a day. Changing from AA to PA for several cars I have been following was very consistent with the unloading + some time for an agent to get to the car in Port, and also there are automatic delivery extensions every week. while it's in PA.

·
Registered
743 Posts

EDIT: it just extended for another week, to 9/11 :(
Never mind, I figured it out. Mine is afloat as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am going to pick up my car from Flemington, so my port is Philly. My original pickup date was 8/25 but now says 9/1 on https://hiepcs.com/hyundai. FYI - My VIN ends in 8879.
Given the timing it looks to me (but what the **** do I know?) like my car could be on the Capo or the Cindy.

So, I am tracking those two ships.

Ship MORNING CAPO (Vehicles Carrier) Registered in Marshall Is - Vessel details, Current position and Voyage information - IMO 9663295, MMSI 538005232, Call Sign V7CB4

Ship MORNING CINDY (Vehicles Carrier) Registered in Panama - Vessel details, Current position and Voyage information - IMO 9633185, MMSI 353647000, Call Sign 3FQY7

My next step is to be able to go to the dealer's site and look at the window sticker. It is my understanding that I MAY be able to see that as soon as the day after the car is unloaded, although there is no guarantee.

Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 265 Posts