Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

381 - 397 of 397 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
First day with mine and I already noticed one thing I don't recall anyone mentioning: I was listening to a podcast on Media; when I put the car in Reverse, the volume drops down lower, then resumes the original level once back in Drive.

·
Super Moderator
2,016 Posts
First day with mine and I already noticed one thing I don't recall anyone mentioning: I was listening to a podcast on Media; when I put the car in Reverse, the volume drops down lower, then resumes the original level once back in Drive.
Mine's always done that , Makes total sense

·
Registered
286 Posts
In actuality, the small car icon is shown as soon as your vehicle detects there is another vehicle ahead, independent of whether your car is speed limited by the one ahead. You'll see the car indicator appear long before your speed is limited. The only way to detect your speed is limited is that your actual speed is lower than the set speed shown on the display.
The car icon also moves further/closer based on the actual distance

·
Registered
'17 Marina Blue HEV Ltd I O N I Q since 25 Jul '17
1,817 Posts
Mine's always done that , Makes total sense
31 months of Ownership and counting, and this is not behaviour I have observed on my Canadian Spec 2017 HEV. Must vary by a combination of region, year or drivetrain

·
Registered
'17 Marina Blue HEV Ltd I O N I Q since 25 Jul '17
1,817 Posts
The car icon also moves further/closer based on the actual distance
Haven't noticed this myself. Is this on the mini SCC display, or the full page SCC display that you have to tab over to?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Yup, my Canadian 2019 Ultimate trim PHEV has always done this too. Media or radio. (y)

·
Registered
563 Posts
Looking through the menus after the latest map/software update, I discovered that I can play a variety of nature sounds and even assign this so that the Mode button on the steering wheel flips through Nature Sounds as one of the sources. Doubt I'll ever use it, but I think it's kinda neat that they offer it. Was that always there or did it come with the update???

·
Registered
123 Posts
Looking through the menus after the latest map/software update, I discovered that I can play a variety of nature sounds and even assign this so that the Mode button on the steering wheel flips through Nature Sounds as one of the sources. Doubt I'll ever use it, but I think it's kinda neat that they offer it. Was that always there or did it come with the update???
I just updated and I don't see that. Where in the menu did you find it? tks

·
Registered
563 Posts
I just updated and I don't see that. Where in the menu did you find it? tks
You can find Sounds of Nature on the second page of the All Menus menu, or if you hit the Media button twice to select from alternate media. The Mode button settings are under Setup> Advanced> Steering Wheel MODE Button.

·
Registered
18 Posts
In manual mode, on a steep downhill using engine breaking, the gearbox shifts from 2 to 3 automatically if the RPMs rev too high. It protects the gearbox but be ready to break.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You can find Sounds of Nature on the second page of the All Menus menu, or if you hit the Media button twice to select from alternate media. The Mode button settings are under Setup> Advanced> Steering Wheel MODE Button.
thanks I took a look. That isn't one of the options on my 2017 EV.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I confirm the 2020 US ioniq limited lowers the mirror in reverse, IF the button is not in the center. Power mirrors can be set to flip closed when parking so I was disappointed it didn't do it but assumed back up camera was sufficient.

·
Registered
AE.3 IONIQ EV Hatch Elite 100KW 38.3 KWH
31 Posts
Not sure if this is something new to everyone.

You can select the number of indicator flashes on the drivers dashboard settings. I have mine set for 5 flashes. When you briefly touch and release the indicator stalk the indicators will flash the set number of times..

When you lightly push and hold the indicator stalk (not fully depress it) the indicators flash until you remove your finger. Useful for when you just need a quick 2 or 3 flashes.

A full press of the indicator stalk of course puts the indicators on until you manually release the stalk or complete your turn.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Exactly. I had to learn how the cruise control works on the Ioniq. On previous car the speed was set at the actual speed the car had when the Set button was released. On Ioniq the Set button is the same as the (-) button when inactive, and the resume button the same as the (+) button when inactive. When learned, quite logical, indeed.

My Ioniq uses km/h and when the (+) button is held for a second, it steps up to nearest dividable by 10, then i steps of 10 km/h. Quite easy to blindly reach 150 km/h if your eyes are on the road, as they should be, mostly.

I sometimes have it set to 120 km/h on motorway, then exits and into ordinary road. and press Resume instead of Set. OMG!
When in such "emergency" I always use brake, never look for the Cancel button or try to press and hold (-) button.

Moreover, when you set the cruise/limit to a value, let's say 50 km/h, and then for some reason remove the value (setting it to “- - -”), if you then push down, it will set the cruise/limit to you current speed, but if you push up, it will set it to your previous value (50 km/h in this case) !

381 - 397 of 397 Posts