Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

361 - 378 of 378 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have 16 x 250wh panels, which was the most that the FiT allowed (4Kwh) at the time. There is space for 2 more, but there is also a vent pipe in the way. I am also constrained by the fact that 10 are on a SE facing roof, with a house directly to the SE, and 6 on the SW side, of a two story house. Access to them for cleaning would involving a lot of scaffolding and it looks like the cost of that is probably more than the additional power generated.

Looking at the Kwh generated I am getting :

Apr 2012 - Mar 2013 : 3480
Apr 2013 - Mar 2014 : 3460
Apr 2014 - Mar 2015 : 3027
Apr 2015 - Mar 2016 : 2634
Apr 2016 - Mar 2017 : 2063
Apr 2017 - Mar 2018 : 1752
Apr 2018 - Mar 2019 : 1740

Obviously it is a bit dependent on the weather over the year. I have been told by one of the suppliers I looked at for the Zappi suggested that they do get dirty, even though they are self-cleaning - I can see that on the car even though it does have the Diamond Brite coating on it.

I thought about battery systems in the past but even the Centre for Alternative Technology did not yet recommend it, and the other issue is how well and and for how long will the batteries work.
I’d call that a significant drop off. I don’t know enough to guide you in the right direction but from my stats, last year was the sunniest since 2015 and you’re showing a 50% drop. That suggests to me that’s it’s more than dirt but I could be wrong. I think I would call in expert to check both panels and inverter. If your inverter (I assume it’s only one) has a digital display, see if that gives any clues. There must be more than group of panels going in.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Have only recently joined and found this thread very helpful, even though my Ioniq electric is several months away.

That’s very generous feed in tariff. In Australia we only get paid for what we feed into the grid, not for production. So here any energy you self consume doesn’t get credited. Here I pay around 20 cents/kWh for power, with 8 cents FIT. When I charge the car I save 20 cents, but forgo the FIT. So my saving is only 20 - 8 = 12 cents/kWh.
I have a 9600W PV array that generates about 11MWh/Y - Our solar incentives are very good:
Monthly net metering: charges are based on the net energy for the month: -$0.18/kwh usage, +$0.043/kwh feed in.
I also get an energy credit for each megawatt-hour my array produces - the credit varies each quarter but averages around $275/MWh.

If I didn't have to make regular 220 mile trips for work I would have gone full EV but after 1000 miles I've only used about 9 gallons or so with my PHEV.
Now I just need my work to install the charging stations that have been rumored for a while.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
The side mirrors dip when you put the car in reverse IF the mirror adjustment button is set to either L or R. If the button is left in the middle position, the mirrors do not dip.
Hello, this is true ?, mine does not.
This feature is trim and country dependent. Most countries should have the feature on the top trim model, generally the trims that also have a 2-position driver's seat memory function. If you think your car should have it, just be sure the mirror control rocker switch is not in the middle position (as indicated above).

361 - 378 of 378 Posts