Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
The problem with racing an i3 is that if you lose you'd have to kill yourself. If you win, what are you gonna do? Say, "I beat an i3"?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well yes! I never see any other hybrid/EV cars so it's nice when I do that I can show them they bought the wrong car lol

I've yet to race a Prius which would be nice.. Id try a Tesla :D

·
Registered
278 Posts
You'd loose against a tesla but may have fun doing so.

This is the only thing I miss about my last car. 0-62 in 7.4 seconds. Now. 11. However the smug green virtuous feeling makes up for that lol.

Reactions: TKGDee

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some people on here are so serious........

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Took out a BMW i3 at a set of lights today and then beat him again when he tried to undertake me... mwahahaha... >:)

It felt good. :D
How can you lose if he deliberately tried to "undertake" you?:D

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was a long stretch of road where a50 meets a453 meets m1 north n south .. so basically, a massive junction. Set of lights and then about a 2 mile straight stretch to Another junction. I was in the right lane, him in left. We looked at each other, I grinned, then floored it, he put his foot down and was trying to 'undertake me' but I just left him behind in the dust. Poor guy had to drive another 3 miles following me, wondering why he ever bought something so expensive, ugly and gutless.

·
Registered
278 Posts
It was a long stretch of road where a50 meets a453 meets m1 north n south .. so basically, a massive junction. Set of lights and then about a 2 mile straight stretch to Another junction. I was in the right lane, him in left. We looked at each other, I grinned, then floored it, he put his foot down and was trying to 'undertake me' but I just left him behind in the dust. Poor guy had to drive another 3 miles following me, wondering why he ever bought something so expensive, ugly and gutless.
I didn't know much about the BMW i3 till now. Was their car heavily loaded?

The i3 can P all over an Ioniq. It's 0-62 is 7.9 seconds v the Ioniq at 10.8 seconds.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He was blatantly a p*ssy. The thing is I'd think he wasn't trying to race me but he caught me up and was trying to keep pace when there was no need to.. unless he was racing me. We were both breaking the speed limit >.<

·
Registered
342 Posts
if the i3 knew he was "racing" he wold have won no doubt, im afraid..

i3 vs Inoiq
Powaah : 170Hp vs 120Hp
Newton : 250Nm vs 200Nm (295Nm maby)
Weight : 1270kg vs 1420kg(-driver=1340kg?)
Top speed : 150kmh vs 165kmh
0-100kmh : 7,2 vs 9,9 in sport

Less power, less tourqe, more weight.
Only way to beat an i3 is by going 165kmh...

And ofc just the looks, i3 is butt-ugly... ;)
And unpractical...

Edit : or is the Ioniq 295Nm... I think so after googling it, so many numbers... ..

·
Registered
278 Posts
if the i3 knew he was "racing" he wold have won no doubt, im afraid..

i3 vs Inoiq
Powaah : 170Hp vs 120Hp
Newton : 250Nm vs 200Nm (295Nm maby)
Weight : 1270kg vs 1420kg(-driver=1340kg?)
Top speed : 150kmh vs 165kmh
0-100kmh : 7,2 vs 9,9 in sport

Less power, less tourqe, more weight.
Only way to beat an i3 is by going 165kmh...

And ofc just the looks, i3 is butt-ugly... ;)
And unpractical...

Edit : or is the Ioniq 295Nm... I think so after googling it, so many numbers... ..

The 295 is for the electric only the vehicle we are discussing is the hybrid.

265 for the hybrids.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why is everyone trying to ruin my win? Trust me it was a moment we shared, and I showed him up. It could be that he has more hp but doesn't know how to use it. I'll find someone with one and duel them properly. It's not like racing with a manual tho :/ a lot less exciting.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I do enjoy the occasional 'putting in place" of the odd youth racer (see Tess? No gender inference there!).

Of course in my 12s 0-60 Outlander, it might seem like a tall order, but each time the upstarts dip their clutch, they stop accelerating - something that doesn't happen in an automatic, or in my case, a fixed-ratio gearbox and motor. It just makes them appear to go backwards as they shift from 1st to 2nd, and again from 2nd to 3rd! By then they are usually too embarrassed to continue their quest, and drop back discretely!

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
I do enjoy the occasional .... It just makes them appear to go backwards as they shift from 1st to 2nd, and again from 2nd to 3rd! By then they are usually too embarrassed to continue ....
These are the moments that they become aware that they still use inefficient and outdated technology.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well thank you. I get a bit of a buzz when another hybrid or EV is around.. loads of Prius taxis around but that's not the same and also in town so no racing there.. I wouldn't mind having a proper go round a track against something of a similar spec.

·
Registered
159 Posts
i3 is a quick car, in real use, its faster than the 7.9sec its supposed to be, either he was in eco-plus mode and couldn't get the power, or he wasn't really trying...

sorry

1 - 20 of 35 Posts