Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you've nothing better to do, you can watch an "autoline afterhours" video from April 7, 2917

VP speaks about various things concerning the Ioniq... not sure how I feel after watching as the discussion could have been so much better with insightful information - perhaps my expectations are too high

https://youtu.be/BBeIIlZu_7g

Comments?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thanks for posting. I always enjoy listening to Hyundaiusa's Mike O'Brien speak and he gets to do so in detail in the Autoline After Hours format.

He talks about battery degradation of the Ioniq HEV, saying that the SoC software measures battery degradation continually and will expand the range of battery use as the traction battery degrades. That is, when new, the SoC software may work the battery between 40% and 70% (as an example) and as the battery ages, the SoC software will move the ranges out to 35% to 75% making degradation invisible to the owner. This answers a question that we were wondering here about whether or not the Ioniqs have an on-board way of measuring battery degradation. Obviously they do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts