Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I ordered my blue, premium SE (top spec) Electric Ioniq back in November, with an expected delivery date of early to mid Jan – it was supposedly one of eight still available on the in-progress shipment from South Korea.

Last week I heard from my dealer, Richmond's in Guildford, that this was now going to be mid February, but there wasn't any particularly convincing reason why.

I just had a call from them saying it was now going to be MID MARCH has Hyundai UK had somehow ballsed up and switched my order from an EV to a hybrid! I've got Richmond's paperwork, so I know the issue wasn't on their end.

As recompense, HUK have offered £400 towards accessories and servicing, which is a slightly empty gesture as a) I don't need any accessories – I've ordered the top spec model, and b) the total servicing costs on a two year lease are £230!

The dealer's pushed back hard on HUK, so I'm just waiting for them to phone me to discuss it directly.

Not happy.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: just had a call from a senior bod at HUK and they're on top of the issue and actively looking for an appropriate solution.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Gutting there's been an issue, but at least it's been identified before you went to collect. Anyone doing compensation always has a light offer to start with as they might get lucky by the end party accepting it.

I was told last week my Hybrid was due early March but is now early April. Perhaps the production line is now getting busy with loads of orders.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I think if I'd got all excited about picking my shiny new car up, and got there to find a hybrid I might be more than a bit cross! (no disrespect to hybrids generally – it's just not what I'm after)

I wonder how much of the delay is down to the strike at the factory?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I heard about a strike at A Hyundai plant, but no more as to what wing of Hyundai given their vast scale.

I am a bit annoyed though with the company who placed my order (a firm that does cars on salary sacrifice so didn't have any choice with who I could go with) as they didn't place my order till last week, but I actually placed the order with them around the 18th December. Lost best part of three weeks.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm not surprised at all given that they will be selling the Ioniq in a number of markets so to meet those global demands, it opens the production process up to some level of vulnerability. But of course that depends on how many production plants they have running and how their suppliers are operating.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Gutting there's been an issue, but at least it's been identified before you went to collect. Anyone doing compensation always has a light offer to start with as they might get lucky by the end party accepting it.

I was told last week my Hybrid was due early March but is now early April. Perhaps the production line is now getting busy with loads of orders.
that means your VED will no longer be free as its a hybrid, as its after the 1st april VED changes, might be time to ask about compensation as you ordered a hybrid and you now will have additional costs of £140 after the first year?

·
Registered
260 Posts
that means your VED will no longer be free as its a hybrid, as its after the 1st april VED changes, might be time to ask about compensation as you ordered a hybrid and you now will have additional costs of £140 after the first year?
Will wait and see. As it's a leased car and they have to factor time in to the schedule to get it to me from their dealer as well so it might be registered in time for that. Will see what happens. If it does get registered in April and then try to pass the cost in I will dig my heels in a bit as they caused a lot of delay.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update on this: I've been offered an identical Premium car, rather than the Premium SE I ordered, and it's sitting at the dealership waiting for me, plus a contribution to some of my (now-reduced) lease costs by way of apology. Or, I could wait until mid-March to get the SE.

As much as I'd have liked the leather interior, I'd rather take the "bird in the hand" approach.

I've got to give fair credit to both Richmond's Hyundai in Guildford and to the executive team at Hyundai UK for trying to get this addressed quickly and fairly. It was a stupid mistake, but I feel very happy with how it's been resolved.

Looking forward to finally getting my new car home when I'm back from this week's work trip!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Good news Ade. Key thing is you are happy. :)

I have just asked my broker if you can call them that, wether or not if I were willing to compromise on colour and wheel options wether they can get me on the road sooner than mid april.

Its killing me at the moment, everything is happening whereby having two cars on the road would save my sanity!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts