Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA TO SHOWCASE IONIQ HYBRID AND ELECTRIC VEHICLES, NEW ELANTRA SPORT AND OTHER POPULAR MODELS AT DETROIT INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOW

DETROIT, Jan. 6, 2017 – For Hyundai Motor America, the 2017 auto show season marks the beginning of an exciting new era, beginning with the Detroit International Auto Show. Hyundai is showcasing three new eco-focused models: the 2017 Ioniq Electric, Ioniq Hybrid and Ioniq Plug-in Hybrid Electric, in addition to the Elantra Sport released in the fall of 2016. The Ioniq Hybrid and Electric will be available to consumers in the first quarter of 2017 and the Ioniq Plug-in Hybrid will be available in the third quarter of 2017.

“IONIQ will attract an entirely new group of eco- and efficiency-oriented buyers in the U.S. market,” said Mike O’Brien, vice president of Corporate, Product and Digital Planning, Hyundai Motor America. “With outstanding powertrain flexibility, design, connectivity, and advanced technologies, IONIQ meets the needs of a large and growing group of buyers needing a highly efficient, low-emissions vehicle without compromise to their daily lifestyles.”

so it seems if you want to get an early peak at a Ioniq in the US get to Detroit

also confirming launch is before april,

with the sudden increase in US reviews and news on the Ioniq I don't think the launch is far off

·
Registered
193 Posts
Let's just hope some of the critics and cynics in the PriusChat forums will be able to attend it and experience what a good car the Ioniq is and its appeal...

·
Registered
193 Posts
bluecar1, I see you've started posting in the PriusChat forums - I agree with your comment about Prius' looks being 'marmite' :)
Let's hope they continue to be nice.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep into the lions den :)

I play nice, I have had one try and start, but I did not bite

my reason for being there is to provide information and answer questions, and also get a few of mine answered as well

I have been quite open and explained my reason for my choice of car and why I am there

·
Registered
169 Posts
We'll know in the next few days if the Prius guys will give the ioniq a try. Today was the first day of the show and they still have two weeks to give the ioniq a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts