Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Allright Guys! welcome back to another year and another FW and NAVI for your beloved Hyundai.

This time its very special. The official EUR release hasnt been leaked yet, but the official update.hyundai.com for Russia has opened.

which means we are able to download fw and navi for free. However not all cars in EUROPE has been released in Russia.

So for instance my car Hyundai Ioniq EV is not sold in Russia, but a similar car has the same software as mine, which is Hyundai Solaris.
We have downloaded the SW and Maps and installed it with success. its changes the region to EUR, both in system and maps. This means russian fw and navi are not locked to russian cars.

so, you can either try and download the updater tool your self and download the software which fits your car, or you can skip and download from the link below.

Software is in the hyundai 2021 folder and map is in the root of the overview folder

Edit: map has been updated now so it shows EUR in the name instead of RUS.

This has been tested working on Hyundai Ioniq 2016-2019. Standard 8" headunit gen 5.0

This time the software and maps can be copied together on to the SD Card. so it looks like this:

This will update the software AND the maps too.

Or you can download the updater tool yourself

1. Navigation Updater | Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website
2. install for windows.
3. choose Russia -> and English language > and Choose Hyundai

Once done installing, you can start and find the fw suitable for your car.

EDIT: If you have 3rd party apps installed, make sure to uninstall all, except for Appmanager, IF you want to keep continue being able to install apps on this new sw.

EDIT: changes and new stuff: Notice | Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just tried to install on a Hyundai Ioniq hybrid 2020 widescreen and it was working fine for a few minutes but now it just hangs and is unresponsive. I'm going to roll it back if I can until it's confirmed to be working properly. I just wanted to know if they'd added widescreen android auto which I couldn't find, but they have given it split screen functionality unless that was on the last version too as I updated straight from 3 panels to this. Car was delivered last month with out of date software, the nerve!

·
Registered
2017 Premium SE Hybrid
44 Posts
Without sounding dumb. Does this mean we can d/l and install ourselves without bricking the system.

My Volvo can be updated this way for instance.

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Premium SE Black
159 Posts
Updated and all working fine including the maps here in the UK, will have to check some roads later on to see if speed limit signs have been updated.

I don't seem to have the ability to launch the app manager anymore though, holding setting button down dosnt bring it up.

EDIT: scratch that, it randomly came up when I tried in the general settings menu holding the button down there haha.

But yeah, works fine for us 28kWh Ioniq's and I'm in the UK.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Updated and all working fine including the maps here in the UK, will have to check some roads later on to see if speed limit signs have been updated.

I don't seem to have the ability to launch the app manager anymore though, holding setting button down dosnt bring it up.
Restart the headunit one time and try again

·
Registered
2017 Premium SE Hybrid
44 Posts
OK so I dived in and did the update :)

All OK so far. Took 10-15 minutes all in to install the 3 files. It says Map version is Russian but it showed my exact location at my house. I haven`t tried to Navigate yet but will tomorrow.

One new thing (or at least I`ve never seen before) was the pre-installed chill-out sounds.

Thanks again @SonicSpinner for everything you do with these updates.

Latest versions

New sounds :)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK so I dived in and did the update :)

All OK so far. Took 10-15 minutes all in to install the 3 files. It says Map version is Russian but it showed my exact location at my house. I haven`t tried to Navigate yet but will tomorrow.

One new thing (or at least I`ve never seen before) was the pre-installed chill-out sounds.

Thanks again @SonicSpinner for everything you do with these updates.

Latest versions

View attachment 33905

New sounds :)

View attachment 33906
Cool good job.

The name RUS can be fixes. There are 2 bin files in the maps which can be opened with notepad and change the name

·
Registered
159 Posts
Been on a drive today, the speed limit signs on the route taken today have been correct in the past and they are in this update too except that ... For example, a 30mph limit sign shows as 29 on the car nav screen, 40 shows as 39, 50 shows as 49 etc. I guess it's a rounding error when converting from kph to mph? It's fine I can drive like that, just a bit OCD about it haha.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Been on a drive today, the speed limit signs on the route today have been correct in the past and they are in this update too except that ... For example, a 30mph limit sign shows as 29 on the car nav screen, 40 shows as 39, 50 shows as 49 etc. I guess it's a rounding error when converting from kph to mph? It's fine I can drive like that, just a bit OCD about it haha.
Haha well that's interesting. Hmmm
Let's see when euro files comes if it makes any difference. But I doubt it. Could be a typical hyubdai bug :p

·
Registered
28kWh Premium electric
28 Posts
Been on a drive today, the speed limit signs on the route taken today have been correct in the past and they are in this update too except that ... For example, a 30mph limit sign shows as 29 on the car nav screen, 40 shows as 39, 50 shows as 49 etc. I guess it's a rounding error when converting from kph to mph? It's fine I can drive like that, just a bit OCD about it haha.
Or convert the country to the metric system.

·
Registered
28kWh Premium electric
28 Posts
I updated the firmware from the Google Drive link. Took about 15 minutes to update. It looks like it went successfully, since the SW version is now 210111 and FW: 210101. After the update, I got "navigation initialization failed. Please check the SD card and try again." I also tried with an other cars, but same error. Do I need to do something else? Maps are probably still late 2020 (previous update).

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I updated the firmware from the Google Drive link. Took about 15 minutes to update. It looks like it went successfully, since the SW version is now 210111 and FW: 210101. After the update, I got "navigation initialization failed. Please check the SD card and try again." I also tried with an other cars, but same error. Do I need to do something else? Maps are probably still late 2020 (previous update).
You need this new map

·
Registered
159 Posts
Or convert the country to the metric system.
We have for everything except for motoring speed, it's still measured in imperial units because of how much it would cost the government to change every single speed limit sign in the country, and most current and old cars can only show in imperial units. We have a lot of conservative people that would be against change too, unfortunately. They still need help when we tell them something in metric they want to know what it is in imperial units (my parents for example).

I would be happy if we all used the same units for everything, but money is the problem.

Eagerly waiting for the euro map update haha.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts