Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
  • US ICCU Recall (aka 12V battery failure issue). Please use the following thread, this pertains to all eGMP models. Please do not create duplicate threads on this topic. Thread

Hyundai Software & Maps 2020_2 EUR.SOP.009.5.200731 & MAP EUR.12.47.52.570

91K views 269 replies 43 participants last post by  SonicSpinner 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys! We finally got the latest software and map for Hyundai gen 5.0.
allthough it seems that there files for mobis units too in the package, but im not familar with them.
they are called daudio and daudioplus_m

GEN 5. (LG) (i10 IA, i30 PDe 06.2018->, IONIQ AE EV/PHEV/HEV)

Systemversion: XX.EUR.SOP.009.5.200731
MAP EV/PHEV: EUR.12.47.52.570.101.4(D.G2/E.G2)

Mirror 1:

Mirror 2: Smash (5 Gb ) Gen 5.x only

EDIT: NEW package upload 18.7 GB FULL BLOWN ALL SOFTWARE Hyundai 2020_2. We assume this big package is like previous years, where it fits all gen 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.x units,

Link: Smash

Edit: new updated and permanent link

software

Map:

The procedure is like the other times. This package is ristricted to LG headunits on Hyundai ioniqs. However a heaviere and more supported headunits package will be available maybe end of this week. For now this has been tested and updated on 2 different Hyundai ioniq 28,8. all went fine, the update took around 10 mins.

Normal installation for people with no needs to install 3rd party apps, and has no 3rd party apps installed on the unit:

Software:

1. Extract the zip file and copy the files to the root of your SD card ( the card must be formatted fat 32 )
2. Turn on the car and set it to parking. Insert it into the Sd card slot, and go to setting -< system info -> and press update.

Map:
1. Extract the zip file and copy the files to the root of your SD card ( the card must be formatted fat 32 )
2. insert into the Sd card slot, and it should load up the new maps. ( this is not tested yet, but i am sure it will work as intended )

Special installation for people who still wants to be able to install 3rd party apps in this new version,and has apps allready installed

This guide we assume to you allready know how to enter the engineering menu in fw 191209, if not, then you can check out here:

Short version: We have to factory reset the headunit and install appmanager, before upgrading the headunit.

1. Go to your engineering menu : And choose factory reset. This will delete all your 3rd party apps, and clean up the unit
2. Now go to the engineering menu again, and enable "prepare Auto test button" . Then you have to install APPMANAGER. with easy fire tools.

Appmanager: https://github.com/g4rb4g3/CtsTestStarter/releases/download/2.0.5/app-debug.apk

3. Once appmanager has done installing. you can now go ahead and update the headunit to the latest software

A). Extract the zip file and copy the files to the root of your SD card ( the card must be formatted fat 32 )
B). Turn on the car and set it to parking. Insert it into the Sd card slot, and go to setting -< system info -> and press update.

After the update has completed and headunit is on. press and hold the setting button. appamanger will now open.
from here you can open the full engineering menu on the list of all the apps. In the engineering menu you can enable ADB / or prepare autotest. and start installing apps again.

See less See more
#8 ·
Apologies for the newbie question, I've only had my Ioniq 38kw BEV 4 weeks. and just before the dealer had this years map update, so would like to update myself to the new release.

I'm thinking that the software update in this thread is not for my head unit as the versions don't seem to match? But, the maps update is good to go? Or should I wait for the 'more supported' package that was mentioned?

I've attached the version info from my car.

Display device Multimedia Gadget Screenshot Media

#9 ·
hey buddy.

you have a very old software and map for your 38.8 ioniq.

Today is your lucky day, i have the software and map update for your car too.

download and extract the content , and copy the files to a fat 32 formatted USB drive.
when done, plug this usb drive into the car. turn on the car. go to parking mode. and go to the setting >systen info > and press the update button. and let magic work.
do not turn off car or take out usb while updating.
once done, and headunit rebooted. take out the usb and enjoy the new and more beautifull update for you 38.8.
new themes, driver profiles, map update., etc.

#13 ·
and oh another thing. this update is for widescreen , 2020 models. I hear there are SOME ioniq 38.8 with standard 8" screen. low trim. but most peopel has the big 10.25" widescreen models.

i hear there are 2 drawback in this update. ( the 3 way split scren is gone, and now its 2 ) , and the radio channel graphics are ugly... like old skool wooden theme. heheh

otherwise rest should be good

#14 ·
Thanks to SonicSpinner for making the latest software/maps available. I am in the proccess of downloading through Smash.
Initially I was confident this package would work on the 2016-2019 28Kw BEV UK spec, but the last few posts have caused a slight doubt to creep in.
I'd appreciate it, and it would probably be useful to others, if you could confirm the models and years this update will work on. Thanks.

#23 ·
Thanks for sharing the newest sw and maps.
I'm the proud owner of a 2017 Ioniq EV for 1.5 months now.
As my car still has 2018 sw I would like to update it to the newest version, without bricking the headunit.

So I downloaded the file. Do I only need to put the files in the CAVNEU_H folder to the SD card?
There's only 1 file, upgrade.lgk and 2 md5 checksum files in the folder. Is that correct?
Or also need to include the files in the DAUDIOPLUS folder?

Sorry for the many questions. I'm a total noob in this at the moment :)

Thanks for your help!

#34 ·
I download from Smash yesterday with no problem (took about 4 hours) and today unzipped the file and the resulting 2 files, took the SD card out of the car and deleted the Nav files on it (I have a copy on my laptop already) and copied ALL the files in the software folder to the SD card. Then went out and started the car in drive mode with park engaged and inserted the SD card. The screen at once came up with a message saying did I want to update? I touched yes and after checking the validity of the files the update commenced interspersed with 4 or 5 reboots then after about 10 min I got the message update complete. It all went like clockwork.

I then removed the SD card again and deleted the software files then copied ALL the new Nav files in the Nav folder. Put the card back in the car and fired the car up again. After a short delay all the systems including Nav booted up, again all went like clockwork.

I have had a quick look through all the menus but can't detect any changes other than, and I'm not sure if this option was present before, a setting under EV menu to set the Max charge current for fixed and portable chargers. This setting maybe useful to anyone who needs to limit their charge current (Photo attached below).

Neither have I noticed any changes in the Nav maps, though I expect some of the roads have been updated.

Not sure if it just that I wanted to observe an improvement or whether it is a coinsidence, but somehow the car seemed even more eco than normal after the update in that I did a 48 mile return trip to town which involves some climbs and decents on mostly twisty roads with an altitude drop of 200mts from home to town and OAT around 16C, and with some stop/starts in town for shopping but AC/Heat off. My consumtion for this came out at 6.4 miles/kWh when the norm for this journey is around 6.0 to 6.2 miles/kWh (photo attached). Incidently my overall average since taking delivery of the car in Dec 2017 is 5.8 miles/kWh which I am pretty chuffed with. Admittedly I rarely do any long motorway journeys at around 70mph, and most of my journeys are under 50 miles on roads, with an 80Km/hr speed limit , or in towns, and all driven as eco as possible.

Thanks to all those that have made this update possible and no hassle to do.

#37 ·
I have had a quick look through all the menus but can't detect any changes other than, and I'm not sure if this option was present before, a setting under EV menu to set the Max charge current for fixed and portable chargers. This setting maybe useful to anyone who needs to limit their charge current (Photo attached below)
It's not new and its not a current limit but a percentage limit of the available power at that outlet. My 16A home charger uses I think 3.6kW at high, 3.2kW at mid and 1.8kW at low while the 32A chargers are setup differently. It's useful but as with the timers you need to fiddle with it to have it do what you prefer.

I would much rather have a true amperage setting and a true charge limit adjustable. But so far.... no

#36 ·
For the 28 this is mainly or possibly even only updating the nav system. a slight refresh with rounded icons. Smoother, faster map render and way more roads on the map such as all lanes on a parkinglot now showing up. POI like police station etc are now visible on the map. Feels much better.

This updates are ONLY for the media system and does not affect the cars performance in any way.

#52 ·
sorry but i'm slightly confused. I downloaded the 2 files from the smash links but I can't figure out which of the 2 I should use! Does the first link seem to be just the software? In the second link there seem to be both the sw and the maps. Given that I have the 2017 hybrid ionq, which ones should I use specifically?
1st link

2nd link

Thanks for help

Attachments

#55 ·
Here you can find firmware and maps from google drive. Tested and working all together in my Ioniq:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.