Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anybody know how to fix the boot loop after upgrading. ?
Problem, solved phew. Turn off the unit, hook up usb keyboard. Turn the unit again, during boot loop, press ALT+E+PrintScreen key repeatedly until scramble screen comes up. Then type in 'yes' in the scramble screen and press enter. It will continue with the upgrade process. The last stage where restoring system data not completed. Once this stage completed, it will notify upgrade completed and press OK.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Problem, solved phew. Turn off the unit, hook up usb keyboard. Turn the unit again, during boot loop, press ALT+E+PrintScreen key repeatedly until scramble screen comes up. Then type in 'yes' in the scramble screen and press enter. It will continue with the upgrade process. The last stage where restoring system data not completed. Once this stage completed, it will notify upgrade completed and press OK.
Didn't see this post. Glad you fixed it. Did you have apps installed before you updated? Usually it's low on storage which causes the boot loop

·
Registered
12 Posts
Didn't see this post. Glad you fixed it. Did you have apps installed before you updated? Usually it's low on storage which causes the boot loop
Yup, you are right it is low on storage 😁. On the 2GB internal storage, it need at least ~1.2GB free. Noticed the consumption is 0.9GB/2GB, before upgrade. I was lucky, since it was the last stage that was not completed 😁.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Yup, you are right it is low on storage 😁. On the 2GB internal storage, it need at least ~1.2GB free. Noticed the consumption is 0.9GB/2GB, before upgrade. I was lucky, since it was the last stage that was not completed 😁.
I was on the same situation as you. Except my car was 2 weeks old only lol. And took me 2 month to find the method. Basically drove around with a logo on a brand new car for 2 months lol. You should have seen the look on the dealers face when I told then I fixed it. Lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Forget above post sorted
Hey man sorry for the dumb question, software worked like a charm but I copied both of map files and the head unit didn't detect the SD card and did one by one still didn't. Can you please tell me how you did it. I'm kind of stuck.
Thank you in advance

·
Registered
187 Posts
When you say both do you mean the old map and the new

Take sd card out of slot
Format the card
Extract the files with winrar or WinZip to a new file on you pc
Insert SD Card into pc
Goto the file you copied to pc and open it do not copy file called maps to sd card as you want the file to go to the root so open maps file and copy all files within it to the sd card

Once copy has finished safely remove sd card and return it to the slot in car

That should be it and the nav will load

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi again and thank you for your reply, when extracted the map files there are two map files ( I'll attach the photo )
which one's content should I copy in the root of the SD card.

Thanks again for your reply

·
Registered
14 Posts
You need the contents of the "maps" directory. "_MACOSX" is a macOS system directory and really shouldn't have made it into the shared zip.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You need the contents of the "maps" directory. "_MACOSX" is a macOS system directory and really shouldn't have made it into the shared zip.
Hi again, so I formatted the SD card to FAT32 and copied the map file content on to the root of SD card and placed it back into the head unit but have me an error message I will attach photos so you can see, please help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Update:

ok after many test and tries I managed to get it working. I forgot to mention I used this update for my Hyundai Tucson 2019 and the SatNav apk in the shared zip had to be replaced with the original one that came in my SD card. so luckily i had mine backed up before formatting and all I did was replacing the SatNav apk with the original one. just wanted to share this solution in case anyone facing the same issue.

lovely interface and amazing looking SatNav and super quick

thank you guys for your replies and shared software update🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Hi Guys.

A breakthrough news just happend today.

It is now possible to downgrade from the latest 200731 firmware back to 2018 firmware where Android setting etc were available.
this also means that from 2018 you can install the backdoor ( appmanager ) and then upgrade again to 200731 and then access the engineering menu with app installation etc.
this works only for hyundai 8" screens. not the big widescreen. and likewise with kia.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys.

A breakthrough news just happend today.

It is now possible to downgrade from the latest 200731 firmware back to 2018 firmware where Android setting etc were available.
this also means that from 2018 you can install the backdoor ( appmanager ) and then upgrade again to 200731 and then access the engineering menu with app installation etc.
this works only for hyundai 8" screens. not the big widescreen. and likewise with kia.

Thanks for the repost.

141 - 156 of 156 Posts