Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

81 - 100 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
Ioniq Electric 2017 Premium
8 Posts
Like @LLGE I have found myself on 200731 before discovering that there is no longer an ADB option available to install apps :(

I had avoided doing a firmware update myself because when I checked with Hyundai, they said it could invalidate my warranty if anything went wrong, so I played safe. o_O If only I had discovered IoniqForum before I allowed my dealer to do an update, I'd be in a better place. Oh well!

What's the easiest way to keep an eye out for a solution to this please, other than checking back and searching through every so often?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Like @LLGE I have found myself on 200731 before discovering that there is no longer an ADB option available to install apps :(

I had avoided doing a firmware update myself because when I checked with Hyundai, they said it could invalidate my warranty if anything went wrong, so I played safe. o_O If only I had discovered IoniqForum before I allowed my dealer to do an update, I'd be in a better place. Oh well!

What's the easiest way to keep an eye out for a solution to this please, other than checking back and searching through every so often?
I did the update myself. I took the risk that it might go wrong but if it did I'd simply tell the dealer that my car's gone wrong, no idea why, and they need to fix it under warranty! I doubt there's a way they would know how to see what happened, they'd probably just flash it and start again without wasting time looking for logs. It was relatively easy, I didn't even buy an SD card, I'll make a post saying roughly how I did it.

·
Registered
Ioniq Electric 2017 Premium
8 Posts
I did the update myself. I took the risk that it might go wrong but if it did I'd simply tell the dealer that my car's gone wrong, no idea why, and they need to fix it under warranty! I doubt there's a way they would know how to see what happened, they'd probably just flash it and start again without wasting time looking for logs. It was relatively easy, I didn't even buy an SD card, I'll make a post saying roughly how I did it.
With hindsight, I can easily say I should have done the same thing! Too late now though, so I'm waiting for someone to find a way to upload apps to the 2020 firmware or a means to downgrade...

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I did the firmware update on my 2019 HEV and all went just fine. Firstly, I didn't have a 32GB SD card. No problem, I took the map SD card out of the car, put it in the back of my iMac (has an SD slot), copied all the files to a folder on the Mac as a backup. Then binned all files on the map SD card. Then copied the firmware update files to the SD card. Put it in the car and updated. Then took the SD back to the mac, binned the files on it, and copied the newly downloaded maps to the SD instead. Went back to the car and it immediately recognised the maps. Best practice is to use another SD card if you have one, but if you don't then my way worked just fine! If it helps anyone I can probably make one large file available on Google drive for download, as it's an Enterprise license it should be ok to host. It did take me a long time to download and piece together the other available downloads although I'm highly appreciative of the hosting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi guys, two questions:

1) How can I know for sure this will work on a mid 2018 i30 diesel? The OP says "i30 PDe 06.2018->" but I am not sure of the exact manufacturing date of the car. Can I tell by looking at the existing software version?
2) The Smash links in the OP are dead and the MEGA link says "bandwidth exceeded". Are there any other download links or torrents available?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys, two questions:

1) How can I know for sure this will work on a mid 2018 i30 diesel? The OP says "i30 PDe 06.2018->" but I am not sure of the exact manufacturing date of the car. Can I tell by looking at the existing software version?
2) The Smash links in the OP are dead and the MEGA link says "bandwidth exceeded". Are there any other download links or torrents available?
I had trouble with those Google ones, it does that if you try to download them all at once! Download them one at a time and it's fine.
I can probably put it on my enterprise Google drive as one large file if you want?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had trouble with those Google ones, it does that if you try to download them all at once! Download them one at a time and it's fine.
I can probably put it on my enterprise Google drive as one large file if you want?
I didn't try or mention Google Drive links. Are you referring to the ones in this post? If so, I was weary of trying those because of the post immediately below stating they didn't work and were missing a file/folder. Are you saying they will work fine in my car?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Hi guys, two questions:

post a screenshot of your system info

·
Registered
4 Posts
I didn't try or mention Google Drive links. Are you referring to the ones in this post? If so, I was weary of trying those because of the post immediately below stating they didn't work and were missing a file/folder. Are you saying they will work fine in my car?
Oh sorry, misread it. Yes, that's the post. I downloaded those and had bandwidth issues. I can't say what will and won't work in your car, but if it helps, my car verified the update before it started doing it, so I'm guessing that if it's not right for your car then it will say so. I've zipped all the maps up into one file and put on my Google drive if it helps anyone! Maps EUR.12.47.52.570.101.4_LGE.zip

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Oh sorry, misread it. Yes, that's the post. I downloaded those and had bandwidth issues. I can't say what will and won't work in your car, but if it helps, my car verified the update before it started doing it, so I'm guessing that if it's not right for your car then it will say so. I've zipped all the maps up into one file and put on my Google drive if it helps anyone! Maps EUR.12.47.52.570.101.4_LGE.zip
thanks for the upload. I might need your service for the next update in march/april, when i get the files again. if thats cool with you,
otherwise i will be posting on fromsmash again which is valid for 14 days.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was also having issues with some of those Google Drive map links, so thanks for that.

post a screenshot of your system info
Installed Version Info [2021-01-22].jpg

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Hoooooooooly Moly that is old! first time i see a software this old and map data this old.
I think it should work. if not it will not allow to update.
You have to download the software and map in order to match the both version together

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yep, Hyundai and Kia are both useless at installing updates even when they're meant to be included for free. The compatibility table in this post suggests that the i30 "PDe" from 12/2016 or later is compatible. I don't know how to tell if it's a "PDe" but since it's a 2018 model I assume that means it'll work.

Which files/directories need to be in the root of the SD card? Is it the "CAVNEU_xx" directories?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Yep, Hyundai and Kia are both useless at installing updates even when they're meant to be included for free. The compatibility table in this post suggests that the i30 "PDe" from 12/2016 or later is compatible. I don't know how to tell if it's a "PDe" but since it's a 2018 model I assume that means it'll work.

Which files/directories need to be in the root of the SD card? Is it the "CAVNEU_xx" directories?
MAP SD card should look like this

Software SD Card should look like this.
Dont mind the System volume info + [SYSTEM ] folders. these are cached stuff.

·
Registered
14 Posts
MAP SD card should look like this
View attachment 33278

Software SD Card should look like this.
Dont mind the System volume info + [SYSTEM ] folders. these are cached stuff.

View attachment 33279
Hmm, the software update I downloaded from this thread looks nothing like that. It looks like this:

EUR.SOP.009.5.200731.png

The only link that appears to have the full software update tree is the MEGA link in the first post, which doesn't work.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Hmm, the software update I downloaded from this thread looks nothing like that. It looks like this:

View attachment 33280

The only link that appears to have the full software update tree is the MEGA link in the first post, which doesn't work.
yea those are wrong.

software here:

Maps herE:

81 - 100 of 156 Posts