Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

21 - 40 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for sharing the newest sw and maps.
I'm the proud owner of a 2017 Ioniq EV for 1.5 months now.
As my car still has 2018 sw I would like to update it to the newest version, without bricking the headunit.

So I downloaded the file. Do I only need to put the files in the CAVNEU_H folder to the SD card?
There's only 1 file, upgrade.lgk and 2 md5 checksum files in the folder. Is that correct?
Or also need to include the files in the DAUDIOPLUS folder?

Sorry for the many questions. I'm a total noob in this at the moment :)

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
As my car still has 2018 sw I would like to update it to the newest version, without bricking the headunit.

So I downloaded the file. Do I only need to put the files in the CAVNEU_H folder to the SD card?
There's only 1 file, upgrade.lgk and 2 md5 checksum files in the folder. Is that correct?

Thanks for your help!
@Superhero can you describe what you did exactly, to Aileron :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey buddy.

you have a very old software and map for your 38.8 ioniq.

Today is your lucky day, i have the software and map update for your car too.

download and extract the content , and copy the files to a fat 32 formatted USB drive.
when done, plug this usb drive into the car. turn on the car. go to parking mode. and go to the setting >systen info > and press the update button. and let magic work.
do not turn off car or take out usb while updating.
once done, and headunit rebooted. take out the usb and enjoy the new and more beautifull update for you 38.8.
new themes, driver profiles, map update., etc.
Hi,

I tried to download the file, but it is no longer available. Can you upload again or give me a working link to it, please?

Thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi,

I tried to download the file, but it is no longer available. Can you upload again or give me a working link to it, please?

Thanks
i am reuploading to fromsmash.com again. since its free mode, the link will be given to me after 24 hours. so tomorrow around this time i will have a link ready

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
182 Posts

Thanks for your help!
Download and extract the Zip.(a Zip file is a directory of compressed files, google it if unsure) This results in two new Zip files. The one with the maps is like 20Gb, the other one is the firmware, 5Gb. Those zips also need to be extracted.

For both maps and FW you need to copy the files to the root of the SD card. The Zip might contain another folder that holds the files/folders needed to go directly to the SD-card root (D:/ for example)

Take out the SD card from your car, delete the files there and un-zip the 20Gb map zip file to the SD card. -Done with that part.

How it should look, MAP SD-card as an example

Now factory reset the head unit to get to a fresh base line when doing the upgrade. (First time I did not do that with an older FW I got stuck in a boot loop)

Factory reset can be found by doing this. It's not easy and takes a couple of tries to get in to the menu. One of the menus there got the factory reset option.

Extract the FW zip to another SD-card formatted in FAT32. I needed to download extra software to be able to format my card to FAT32 as windows else only gave ne exFAT as option.

With the car in driving state and the gear "P" choosen insert the SD card holding the new FW and you should be primted to upgrade. This takes about 10min and the head unit restart several times during this. When update is complete remove SD card and insert the Map SD-card. Maps are automatically loaded and the head unit restarted again.

-Done

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Download and extract the Zip.(a Zip file is a directory of compressed files, google it if unsure) This results in two new Zip files. The one with the maps is like 20Gb, the other one is the firmware, 5Gb. Those zips also need to be extracted.

For both maps and FW you need to copy the files to the root of the SD card. The Zip might contain another folder that holds the files/folders needed to go directly to the SE-card root (D:/ for example)

Take out the SD card from your car, delete the files there and un-zip the 20Gb map zip file to the SD card. -Done with that part.

Now factory reset the head unit to get to a fresh base line when doing the upgrade. (First time I did not do that with an older FW I got stuck in a boot loop)

Factory reset can be found by doing this. It's not easy and takes a couple of tries to get in to the menu. One of the menus there got the factory reset option.

Extract the FW zip to another SD-card formatted in FAT32. I needed to download extra software to be able to format my card to FAT32 as windows else only gave ne exFAT as option.

With the car in driving state and the gear "P" choosen insert the SD card holding the new FW and you should be primted to upgrade. This takes about 10min and the head unit restart several times during this. When update is complete remove SD card and insert the Map SD-card. Maps are automatically loaded and the head unit restarted again.

-Done
Thank you Sweden! 12 point to you, as they say in Eurovision ;)

i think the user wanted to know if he should copy everything in FW to the SD card or just cavneu folder. Because Caveneu_H is hyundai files for LG units like in ioniq. the other 2 folders are supposedly for mobis units. and it seems the car know which folder to look into.

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
182 Posts
Thank you Sweden! 12 point to you, as they say in Eurovision ;)

i think the user wanted to know if he should copy everything in FW to the SD card or just cavneu folder. Because Caveneu_H is hyundai files for LG units like in ioniq. the other 2 folders are supposedly for mobis units. and it seems the car know which folder to look into.
I think you should copy all. I se no point in not doing that. Removing files until it fail, then buy a new car. I remember the first time I went in to a boot loop and that felt really really ultra shitty.

If you are out of large enough SD-cards use the stock Hyundai MAP SD-card for updating too, then switch to map files again after FW update is done...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
will anyone be interested in joining my telegram channel for "ioniq updates " ,where we share experience, problems, solutions etc.
or should we keep it here in the forum?

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you go ahead with the update let us know how it goes. I will most likely update mine when I get time.
I've just done the update. I copied to files to a microSD card, double checked the md5 checksums, then used a USB adaptor and plugged into the car.

Once at the the system info page on the HU pressed 'update', had to chooses between 'quick' and 'general', so selected 'general'. First off it took a few minutes to verify the files, then about 50 minutes of 'Updating'. When it got to 98% it just went back to the system info screen and nothing updated, so I selected 'update' again and 'general' again, and this time the radio went off, and a message saying it would take 15 mins to perform the update. This time after getting to 100% the HU rebooted and the update had completed.

It now has a very different look, driver profiles etc etc, maybe a little less intuitive adding radio stations, but I easily got the ones I listen to added to favourites. Bluelink setup asked to input my phone number and sent a sms code, after that Bluelink was working straightaway again.

Spent about another 15 mins getting my preferences tweaked for driver profile etc. and looking at options. Distance had been changed to km (not miles) on the other display in front of driver, so I searched for 'km' in the HU and found which setting changed it back to miles.

Haven't been for a drive yet, but I'm sure I'll find everything needed when the time comes.

Many thanks to @SonicSpinner for the files and advice.

PS screenshot...
IMG_20201210_140729.jpg

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I've just done the update. I copied to files to a microSD card, double checked the md5 checksums, then used a USB adaptor and plugged into the car.

Once at the the system info page on the HU pressed 'update', had to chooses between 'quick' and 'general', so selected 'general'. First off it took a few minutes to verify the files, then about 50 minutes of 'Updating'. When it got to 98% it just went back to the system info screen and nothing updated, so I selected 'update' again and 'general' again, and this time the radio went off, and a message saying it would take 15 mins to perform the update. This time after getting to 100% the HU rebooted and the update had completed.

It now has a very different look, driver profiles etc etc, maybe a little less intuitive adding radio stations, but I easily got the ones I listen to added to favourites. Bluelink setup asked to input my phone number and sent a sms code, after that Bluelink was working straightaway again.

Spent about another 15 mins getting my preferences tweaked for driver profile etc. and looking at options. Distance had been changed to km (not miles) on the other display in front of driver, so I searched for 'km' in the HU and found which setting changed it back to miles.

Haven't been for a drive yet, but I'm sure I'll find everything needed when the time comes.

Many thanks to @SonicSpinner for the files and advice.

PS screenshot...
View attachment 32986
Good job!. i think the few people i knew who updated their 38.8, actually chose Quick mode.
i think general is a wipe and biggere update / install. Either way works

·
Registered
846 Posts
I download from Smash yesterday with no problem (took about 4 hours) and today unzipped the file and the resulting 2 files, took the SD card out of the car and deleted the Nav files on it (I have a copy on my laptop already) and copied ALL the files in the software folder to the SD card. Then went out and started the car in drive mode with park engaged and inserted the SD card. The screen at once came up with a message saying did I want to update? I touched yes and after checking the validity of the files the update commenced interspersed with 4 or 5 reboots then after about 10 min I got the message update complete. It all went like clockwork.

I then removed the SD card again and deleted the software files then copied ALL the new Nav files in the Nav folder. Put the card back in the car and fired the car up again. After a short delay all the systems including Nav booted up, again all went like clockwork.

I have had a quick look through all the menus but can't detect any changes other than, and I'm not sure if this option was present before, a setting under EV menu to set the Max charge current for fixed and portable chargers. This setting maybe useful to anyone who needs to limit their charge current (Photo attached below).

Neither have I noticed any changes in the Nav maps, though I expect some of the roads have been updated.

Not sure if it just that I wanted to observe an improvement or whether it is a coinsidence, but somehow the car seemed even more eco than normal after the update in that I did a 48 mile return trip to town which involves some climbs and decents on mostly twisty roads with an altitude drop of 200mts from home to town and OAT around 16C, and with some stop/starts in town for shopping but AC/Heat off. My consumtion for this came out at 6.4 miles/kWh when the norm for this journey is around 6.0 to 6.2 miles/kWh (photo attached). Incidently my overall average since taking delivery of the car in Dec 2017 is 5.8 miles/kWh which I am pretty chuffed with. Admittedly I rarely do any long motorway journeys at around 70mph, and most of my journeys are under 50 miles on roads, with an 80Km/hr speed limit , or in towns, and all driven as eco as possible.

Thanks to all those that have made this update possible and no hassle to do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good job!. i think the few people i knew who updated their 38.8, actually chose Quick mode.
i think general is a wipe and biggere update / install. Either way works
Thanks, good to know about the 'quick' or 'general', I think all my settings, radio stations etc were saved under the new 'Guest' profile, it was when I switched to 'Driver 1' and renamed it, that's when I had to set up more options back to what I wanted again.
I'm happy its been done.

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
182 Posts
For the 28 this is mainly or possibly even only updating the nav system. a slight refresh with rounded icons. Smoother, faster map render and way more roads on the map such as all lanes on a parkinglot now showing up. POI like police station etc are now visible on the map. Feels much better.

This updates are ONLY for the media system and does not affect the cars performance in any way.

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
182 Posts
I have had a quick look through all the menus but can't detect any changes other than, and I'm not sure if this option was present before, a setting under EV menu to set the Max charge current for fixed and portable chargers. This setting maybe useful to anyone who needs to limit their charge current (Photo attached below)
It's not new and its not a current limit but a percentage limit of the available power at that outlet. My 16A home charger uses I think 3.6kW at high, 3.2kW at mid and 1.8kW at low while the 32A chargers are setup differently. It's useful but as with the timers you need to fiddle with it to have it do what you prefer.

I would much rather have a true amperage setting and a true charge limit adjustable. But so far.... no

·
Registered
846 Posts
will anyone be interested in joining my telegram channel for "ioniq updates " ,where we share experience, problems, solutions etc.
or should we keep it here in the forum?
Personally I would prefer to keep all posts on the open forum where they are easily viewable by all members, and will thus have the maximum benefit.;)

21 - 40 of 99 Posts