Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
  • US ICCU Recall (aka 12V battery failure issue). Please use the following thread, this pertains to all eGMP models. Please do not create duplicate threads on this topic. Thread
201 - 220 of 270 Posts
I just plug my phone in with the cable and get spotify through android auto, workds really and not slow. Saves space on the headunit.
Loving Newpipe btw, all i play is concert videos, and choose background while i'm driving :)

Hey buddy

2018 fw has the classic screen Saver backdoor. YouTube hyubdai hacked headunit from the user kompkiller.

All you need is install 1 app only then upgrade to the latest fw. From there with this app you can open the full engineer menu and install apps through easy fire tools. I have a video on YouTube which shows how.
The app you need is called app manager

My video which explain how to install with easy fire tool

Thanks so much for all this info. I have successfully downgraded from 2020 to 2018, then to 2019 firmware, installed FileManager+ and upgraded to 2020 firmware again with the ability to sideload apps using EasyFireTools :)

I'm stuck on one painfully simple question - how do I get a qwerty keyboard up when needed?! (I'm trying to login in ABRPTransmitter and it only brings up a numeric keypad). Thanks in advance!

Discussion starter · #206 ·
Thanks so much for all this info. I have successfully downgraded from 2020 to 2018, then to 2019 firmware, installed FileManager+ and upgraded to 2020 firmware again with the ability to sideload apps using EasyFireTools :)

I'm stuck on one painfully simple question - how do I get a qwerty keyboard up when needed?! (I'm trying to login in ABRPTransmitter and it only brings up a numeric keypad). Thanks in advance!
Hmmm I don't recall I had that problem. I have installed abrptransmitter. Try a close and open it again.

Well done on the downgrade and upgrade

Hi all, i've just used the file from Прошивки для понижения версии на ШГУ LAN6000 и LAN6200 производства LG с версии 200731 на прошивку 2018 года — Navigator 23 на DRIVE2 and finally was able to download my latest 2020 firmware to 181002 Woohoo!
But now i'm usure what steps to take. Does anyone have an easy step by step on how i get into engineering mode in this version and then how i sideload apps (you tube, abrp), then upload to the latest firmware?

Thanks in advance
[/QUOTE
Hi all, i've just used the file from Прошивки для понижения версии на ШГУ LAN6000 и LAN6200 производства LG с версии 200731 на прошивку 2018 года — Navigator 23 на DRIVE2 and finally was able to download my latest 2020 firmware to 181002 Woohoo!
But now i'm usure what steps to take. Does anyone have an easy step by step on how i get into engineering mode in this version and then how i sideload apps (you tube, abrp), then upload to the latest firmware?

Thanks in advance
Hello mate and sorry to bother you, I've been trying to do the same on my hyundai and so far no luck.
can you please walk me through step by step on how to use the file to downgrade so I can do the same.

thanks in advance

[QUOTE = "Парса, сообщение: 439833, участник: 24908"]
Привет, приятель, извини, что беспокою, я пытался сделать то же самое на своем Hyundai, и пока безуспешно.
Не могли бы вы рассказать мне пошагово, как использовать файл для перехода на более раннюю версию, чтобы я мог сделать то же самое.

заранее спасибо
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]
Вам необходимо скачать архив CAVNEU_H, распаковать его на свой компьютер и скопировать полученную папку CAVNEU_H на sd-карту. Затем вставьте sd-карту в головное устройство, перейдите в пункт меню «Информация о системе» и нажмите кнопку «Обновить»

Hmmm I don't recall I had that problem. I have installed abrptransmitter. Try a close and open it again.

Well done on the downgrade and upgrade
Ah, yes, started it up again and it worked fine! Doh, silly me for expecting the software to behave the same way every time!! If at first you don't succeed - reboot! Thanks for pointing out the obvious for me!

Next issue: ABRPTransmitter complains that it can't access location info - how do I get into Android settings for apps to turn on location for it please?

Hello mate and sorry to bother you, I've been trying to do the same on my hyundai and so far no luck.
can you please walk me through step by step on how to use the file to downgrade so I can do the same.

thanks in advance
Download the Russian hacked firmware, then on an empty SD card, put the CAVEU_H folder (at the root) with its contents. Go to the car System menu, then Upgrade and click Upgrade, then put the SD card in and wait - it takes 5-10 minutes and goes through several reboots, but after that you should have the 2018 firmware.

[QUOTE = "SteveMac, сообщение: 439848, участник: 24728"]
Скачиваем русскую взломанную прошивку, затем на пустую SD карту кладем папку CAVEU_H (в корень) с ее содержимым. Зайдите в меню «Система» автомобиля, затем «Обновить» и нажмите «Обновить», затем вставьте SD-карту и подождите - это займет 5-10 минут и пройдет несколько перезагрузок, но после этого у вас должна быть прошивка 2018.
[/ ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]
Вы думаете, что человек глуп? Он не может прочитать то, что я написал, и вы делаете то же описание?

Скачиваем русскую взломанную прошивку, затем на пустую SD карту кладем папку CAVEU_H (в корень) с ее содержимым. Зайдите в меню «Система» автомобиля, затем «Обновить» и нажмите «Обновить», затем вставьте SD-карту и подождите - это займет 5-10 минут и пройдет несколько перезагрузок, но после этого у вас должна быть прошивка 2018.
[/ ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]
Вы думаете, что человек глуп? Он не может прочитать то, что я написал, и вы делаете то же описание?
Apologies, @olega, I did not take the time to translate your post from Russian to English, which I have now done :( My mistake. Thank you for your clear instructions and great work :)

[QUOTE = "SteveMac, сообщение: 439851, участник: 24728"]
Приносим извинения, [USER = 21074] @olega [/ USER], я не нашел времени, чтобы перевести ваш пост с русского на английский, что я сделал. :(Моя ошибка. Спасибо за четкие инструкции и отличную работу:)
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]
You are welcome
P.S.
I wrote via google translator and was sure that there will be English text here.
If this is not the case, then I apologize ... :)

Discussion starter · #217 ·
Ah, yes, started it up again and it worked fine! Doh, silly me for expecting the software to behave the same way every time!! If at first you don't succeed - reboot! Thanks for pointing out the obvious for me!

Next issue: ABRPTransmitter complains that it can't access location info - how do I get into Android settings for apps to turn on location for it please?
Hmm I didn't do that either. Android setting is no longer available in the current fw. But I am almost sure I didn't do anything besides installing abrp transmitter and log in. Try uninstall reboot headunit and install agai

Discussion starter · #219 ·
Main dealer I purchased car from at 21.000 miles said they updated for me but ots probably the original version tbh
Holy moly. That's the oldest software version I have seen so far. The dealer didn't do jack.
You car needs some love for sure. What you need is to install appmanager only. Then update it to the latest firmware. Then start appmanager and then you can install apps though easy fire tools on an android phone.

[/ ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]
Hi Oleg, and thank you for your reply. And thank you for your nice work on the downgrade. No I'm not stupid. I did everything as instructed, extracted the file, formatted the SD card, copied the folder onto the root, inserted into the head unit, went to setting, update, pressed update and " please insert SD card containing the updat file" appears. I don't know what I do wrong. Thanks again for your work

201 - 220 of 270 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.