Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

181 - 200 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Thanks SonicSpinner. Well, i followed the video and did what he did and all worked great, then installed appmanager, then i downloaded the software onto a fat32 usb disk but when i tried to update i got "Update file(s) are corrupted or do not exist." any clues?

Everything i'd installed had gone except appmanager (i guess this was to be expected?) but i could open appmanager from the settings button, but none of the other buttons worked. They eventually came back but now appmanager won't open :/

I can start again but is this the correct files? I have a Nov 2016 Ioniq EV
Hey

Did you copy the files from a windows or Mac pc. With Mac sometimes it copies some invisible files. Remember the content must be on the root of the SD card. If still errors Then try another SD card.

Send a screen shot of the content of the SD card
So, which apk's do you guys recommend? Shall i use youtube vanced or carstream? :)
Good job.

Use vanced, ioniq info, abrptransmitter, waze, radio Droid.
I have all those in a zip file. I can upload later

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks :) Just wondering, should i take all of the files along (18gb worth) or just that CAVNEU_H folder as i'm now getting a no program available to install this app or something :/
Also, is there a way i can reset/delete everything so i can start again to make sure i do it all right this time. Factory reset doesn't delete app manager and evertime i start the car it takes 3 minutes until i can actually use the buttons under the headunit. Touch screen works and switches on steering wheel but not the actual buttons until a few minutes later

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Thanks :) Just wondering, should i take all of the files along (18gb worth) or just that CAVNEU_H folder as i'm now getting a no program available to install this app or something :/
Also, is there a way i can reset/delete everything so i can start again to make sure i do it all right this time. Factory reset doesn't delete app manager and evertime i start the car it takes 3 minutes until i can actually use the buttons under the headunit. Touch screen works and switches on steering wheel but not the actual buttons until a few minutes later
Go to engineering menu and there is a factory reset. This deletes everything for real.
Then install appmanager.
And then reinstall fw

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks again, this worked and cleared up the delay i was having with the switches. Appmanager finally installed and back to the latest 200731 firmware :)

Can i still install apps through a memory stick instead of fire tools? (i didn't install file manager this time) and how as i've already got loads on a ms and don't want to have to transfer them all to my phone then to the head unit? Most of my searching for apps will be done on my pc so unless firetools is defiantly worth it for other things i'd probably not use it

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Thanks again, this worked and cleared up the delay i was having with the switches. Appmanager finally installed and back to the latest 200731 firmware :)

Can i still install apps through a memory stick instead of fire tools? (i didn't install file manager this time) and how as i've already got loads on a ms and don't want to have to transfer them all to my phone then to the head unit? Most of my searching for apps will be done on my pc so unless firetools is defiantly worth it for other things i'd probably not use it
The file instalation and android setting has been removed from the latest fw. That's why we use easy fire tools.
It is possible to reinstall Android setting and browser back with ioniq root. But then fsstboot Will be disabled. Meaning the headunit can take up to 50 seconds on each boot up to get ready.
Not worth it imo.

I like the easy fire tools.

Also remember the headunit is quiet limited with storage and memory. The more you install the slower it will get.

Upon next service remember to do factory reset from engineering menu before leaving your car.

I have been in your place, until I recently got me a carplay box AI. Now I can install anything and not dependent on the head unit limited memory

·
Registered
17 Posts
The file instalation and android setting has been removed from the latest fw. That's why we use easy fire tools.
It is possible to reinstall Android setting and browser back with ioniq root. But then fsstboot Will be disabled. Meaning the headunit can take up to 50 seconds on each boot up to get ready.
Not worth it imo.

I like the easy fire tools.

Also remember the headunit is quiet limited with storage and memory. The more you install the slower it will get.

Upon next service remember to do factory reset from engineering menu before leaving your car.

I have been in your place, until I recently got me a carplay box AI. Now I can install anything and not dependent on the head unit limited memory

Thanks for the reply, firetools it'll be for the moment, it'll only be youtube and abrp i'll be installing so no problems there. To be honest, if i can just mirror my youtube via the phone i'll be happy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, i found and turned adb to ethernet from within engineering but my car's ip isn't showing up in finge, both car and phone are connected, any ideas?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got it sorted, i had to eventually use another mobile, wouldn't see it through the home internet :) I've finally got Newpipe and abrp onto the headunit :D but no sound though, i guess i should install sorentomusic or something?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #192 (Edited)
Got it sorted, i had to eventually use another mobile, wouldn't see it through the home internet :) I've finally got Newpipe and abrp onto the headunit :D but no sound though, i guess i should install sorentomusic or something?
yes, sorento music to fix the sound. and also remember another thing.
if you want to hear sound from 3rd party apps such as newpipe, then there are 2 requirements
1. a mobile device must be connected to the car throug bluetooth ( most peopels are allready )
2. and change the mode button to bluetooth from steering wheel.

edit. inside this zip , you will find many of the APK's i use.
https://mega.nz/file/TOoF0AIJ#MnM-GVMlDjX6s-6hA_wvBpbbi4ZjMQZHM9oYQ7PafDk
including sorentomusic

·
Registered
17 Posts
Woohoo, thank you so much for your help and indeed your patience. I've now got the latest firmware, with Newpipe installed and now with sound :D Just watched some videos in full screen from my car through my phone network.
One happy bunny. Once again thanks a lot

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Woohoo, thank you so much for your help and indeed your patience. I've now got the latest firmware, with Newpipe installed and now with sound :D Just watched some videos in full screen from my car through my phone network.
One happy bunny. Once again thanks a lot
Skål!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know how to update the new Ioniq 2020, 10.25" system with no SD card? I have tried copying the maps to a USB stick and plugging it in the front USB, but all it does is to play some sound files it found among the files, no option I can see to update anything. I assume that the maps are compatible, how about the firmware?

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kWh Premium
30 Posts
Does anyone know how to update the new Ioniq 2020, 10.25" system with no SD card? I have tried copying the maps to a USB stick and plugging it in the front USB, but all it does is to play some sound files it found among the files, no option I can see to update anything. I assume that the maps are compatible, how about the firmware?
Download link (to firm/software and maps in a single file) and instructions are available in this thread:

I updated mine (2020 Ioniq EV) earlier this week without any issues (you can see my comments in that thread).

Make sure that you extract all of the files in the downloaded archive to the root of the (FAT32) USB stick, i.e. make sure they're not inside a folder.

When I plugged the USB stick into my car, it said "no media found" and then a second or so later popped up a message asking me if I wanted to update. Half an hour later, it was done.

A word of warning: the head unit reboots when it's finished. When it came back on, it tuned into a local radio station at VERY high volume. It made me jump (I was elsewhere in the garage at the time but I could hear it outside the car). :LOL:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
You are looking into the wrong thread.
This thread is for ioniq 2019 and below.

The files you need are here

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
218 Posts
yes, sorento music to fix the sound. and also remember another thing.
if you want to hear sound from 3rd party apps such as newpipe, then there are 2 requirements
1. a mobile device must be connected to the car throug bluetooth ( most peopels are allready )
2. and change the mode button to bluetooth from steering wheel.

edit. inside this zip , you will find many of the APK's i use.
https://mega.nz/file/TOoF0AIJ#MnM-GVMlDjX6s-6hA_wvBpbbi4ZjMQZHM9oYQ7PafDk
including sorentomusic
Is there a google music app that runs on our units?

My wifi in the car un ticks it self once in a while. Is that a known bug?

181 - 200 of 250 Posts