Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys! We finally got the latest software and map for Hyundai gen 5.0.
allthough it seems that there files for mobis units too in the package, but im not familar with them.
they are called daudio and daudioplus_m

GEN 5. (LG) (i10 IA, i30 PDe 06.2018->, IONIQ AE EV/PHEV/HEV)

Systemversion: XX.EUR.SOP.009.5.200731
MAP EV/PHEV: EUR.12.47.52.570.101.4(D.G2/E.G2)

Mirror 1:

Mirror 2: Smash (5 Gb ) Gen 5.x only

EDIT: NEW package upload 18.7 GB FULL BLOWN ALL SOFTWARE Hyundai 2020_2. We assume this big package is like previous years, where it fits all gen 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.x units,

Link: Smash

The procedure is like the other times. This package is ristricted to LG headunits on Hyundai ioniqs. However a heaviere and more supported headunits package will be available maybe end of this week. For now this has been tested and updated on 2 different Hyundai ioniq 28,8. all went fine, the update took around 10 mins.

Normal installation for people with no needs to install 3rd party apps, and has no 3rd party apps installed on the unit:

Software:

1. Extract the zip file and copy the files to the root of your SD card ( the card must be formatted fat 32 )
2. Turn on the car and set it to parking. Insert it into the Sd card slot, and go to setting -< system info -> and press update.

Map:
1. Extract the zip file and copy the files to the root of your SD card ( the card must be formatted fat 32 )
2. insert into the Sd card slot, and it should load up the new maps. ( this is not tested yet, but i am sure it will work as intended )

Special installation for people who still wants to be able to install 3rd party apps in this new version,and has apps allready installed

This guide we assume to you allready know how to enter the engineering menu in fw 191209, if not, then you can check out here:

Short version: We have to factory reset the headunit and install appmanager, before upgrading the headunit.

1. Go to your engineering menu : And choose factory reset. This will delete all your 3rd party apps, and clean up the unit
2. Now go to the engineering menu again, and enable "prepare Auto test button" . Then you have to install APPMANAGER. with easy fire tools.

Appmanager: https://github.com/g4rb4g3/CtsTestStarter/releases/download/2.0.5/app-debug.apk

3. Once appmanager has done installing. you can now go ahead and update the headunit to the latest software

A). Extract the zip file and copy the files to the root of your SD card ( the card must be formatted fat 32 )
B). Turn on the car and set it to parking. Insert it into the Sd card slot, and go to setting -< system info -> and press update.

After the update has completed and headunit is on. press and hold the setting button. appamanger will now open.
from here you can open the full engineering menu on the list of all the apps. In the engineering menu you can enable ADB / or prepare autotest. and start installing apps again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! Finally good news.
Could you please attach a walkthrough or something to do it?
Is this update suitable for every country?
Thank you

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
182 Posts
Yes, installation procedure walk through including how to keep the "root" or whatever we call the back door to install apps and map keys.

Thank you so much for your great efforts!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Apologies for the newbie question, I've only had my Ioniq 38kw BEV 4 weeks. and just before the dealer had this years map update, so would like to update myself to the new release.

I'm thinking that the software update in this thread is not for my head unit as the versions don't seem to match? But, the maps update is good to go? Or should I wait for the 'more supported' package that was mentioned?

I've attached the version info from my car.

IMG_20201123_133322A.jpg

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Apologies for the newbie question, I've only had my Ioniq 38kw BEV 4 weeks. and just before the dealer had this years map update, so would like to update myself to the new release.

I'm thinking that the software update in this thread is not for my head unit as the versions don't seem to match? But, the maps update is good to go? Or should I wait for the 'more supported' package that was mentioned?

View attachment 32970

hey buddy.

you have a very old software and map for your 38.8 ioniq.

Today is your lucky day, i have the software and map update for your car too.

download and extract the content , and copy the files to a fat 32 formatted USB drive.
when done, plug this usb drive into the car. turn on the car. go to parking mode. and go to the setting >systen info > and press the update button. and let magic work.
do not turn off car or take out usb while updating.
once done, and headunit rebooted. take out the usb and enjoy the new and more beautifull update for you 38.8.
new themes, driver profiles, map update., etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey buddy.

you have a very old software and map for your 38.8 ioniq.

Today is your lucky day, i have the software and map update for your car too.

download and extract the content , and copy the files to a fat 32 formatted USB drive.
when done, plug this usb drive into the car. turn on the car. go to parking mode. and go to the setting >systen info > and press the update button. and let magic work.
do not turn off car or take out usb while updating.
once done, and headunit rebooted. take out the usb and enjoy the new and more beautifull update for you 38.8.
new themes, driver profiles, map update., etc.
Many thanks, downloading now.

Also sounds as if the dealer telling me all software and maps were up to date 4 weeks ago, when I collected the car, was...well lets just say not true.

Thank you for the clear instructions too, would I be correct in thinking that 'parking mode', is also called 'utility mode', whereby the head unit is powered up and no danger of the 12v battery running flat?

Sounds like a good update for me in this download :)

·
Registered
2020, Ioniq PHEV Premium SE
67 Posts

View attachment 32970
If you go ahead with the update let us know how it goes. I will most likely update mine when I get time.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Many thanks, downloading now.

Also sounds as if the dealer telling me all software and maps were up to date 4 weeks ago, when I collected the car, was...well lets just say not true.

Thank you for the clear instructions too, would I be correct in thinking that 'parking mode', is also called 'utility mode', whereby the head unit is powered up and no danger of the 12v battery running flat?

Sounds like a good update for me in this download :)
Well i dont know exactly whats called for 38.8 models. but most important thing is car must be turned on. not just " light mode ", sp that the headunit turns off after fw mins.
just to be sure turn on the car normally and gear in park.

and yes i hear many dealers in UK ( i assume you are from uk ) , they claim the new car is up to date, etc. but they never check or dont know how to check or just being lazy,.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
and oh another thing. this update is for widescreen , 2020 models. I hear there are SOME ioniq 38.8 with standard 8" screen. low trim. but most peopel has the big 10.25" widescreen models.

i hear there are 2 drawback in this update. ( the 3 way split scren is gone, and now its 2 ) , and the radio channel graphics are ugly... like old skool wooden theme. heheh

otherwise rest should be good

·
Registered
846 Posts
Thanks to SonicSpinner for making the latest software/maps available. I am in the proccess of downloading through Smash.
Initially I was confident this package would work on the 2016-2019 28Kw BEV UK spec, but the last few posts have caused a slight doubt to creep in.
I'd appreciate it, and it would probably be useful to others, if you could confirm the models and years this update will work on. Thanks.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks to SonicSpinner for making the latest software/maps available. I am in the proccess of downloading through Smash.
Initially I was confident this package would work on the 2016-2019 28Kw BEV UK spec, but the last few posts have caused a slight doubt to creep in.
I'd appreciate it, and it would probably be useful to others, if you could confirm the models and years this update will work on. Thanks.
check out the table. the fw is for GEN 5.0 LG. below you can see which cars have this unit.

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
182 Posts
Update worked like a charm this time. I can not find the ADB option though. Long press for file manager works

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
182 Posts
Did you install appmanager before updating , like I described above?
Yes. App manager works, but the ADB option is not there any more at the bottom of the tuning menu.

Have not tried installing apps anyway might work. I'll pop out and try in a bit

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes. App manager works, but the ADB option is not there any more at the bottom of the tuning menu.

Have not tried installing apps anyway might work. I'll pop out and try in a bit
Open appmanager , there is a long list of apps. Here you can find 2 or 3 different engineering menu app. One of them is the full version which has adb option.
try it ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well i dont know exactly whats called for 38.8 models. but most important thing is car must be turned on. not just " light mode ", sp that the headunit turns off after fw mins.
just to be sure turn on the car normally and gear in park.

and yes i hear many dealers in UK ( i assume you are from uk ) , they claim the new car is up to date, etc. but they never check or dont know how to check or just being lazy,.
Thank you for all the clarifications and info, its very much appreciated and goes a long way in giving us the confidence to go ahead.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts