Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

161 - 179 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I'm having difficulties downloading via the mega site and I'd prefer not having to sign up to their services. Does anyone have the files and willing to share them with me? I can provide an upload link to deposit them. Thank you.

·
Registered
303 Posts
There are torrent files available in this thread, its a very handy way to download large files like these.
Just install qbittorrent or similar software to your pc first.
qbittorrent.org

·
Registered
2 Posts

Yeah I'm trying, but doesn't seem to find any peers. Could you pass me the torrent files you've used? Maybe they contain better trackers..

Edit:

Nevermind, I just had too high encryption security turned on my BT client..

·
Registered
775 Posts
Hi All,
Thanks for this great work.
I recently had my car in for its service and asked for the FW to be upgraded on it.

My car is the UK 2017 model.

The current FW versions (after the dealership visit) are:
Software - AE_HEV.EUR.SOP.006.5.181002
Firmware - AE_HEV.EUR.0.5.313.180905.MICOM
NAV APP - STD_AVN_MID.EUR.HMC.180928.b5c9193
MAP - EUR.09.47.50.582.002.2[D.C1]

I have taken the car back today and been told this is the latest version that is available for my car. Can anyone help elaborate what is going on here please?

From what I can see in this thread, the FW listed in the previous pages seem to work on the 2017 self charging Hybrid:
Software: AE_EV.EUR.SOP.008.1.191209
Firmware: AE.EV.EUR,0.5.352.191031.MICOM
Navigation: STD_AVN_MID_EUR.HMC.191119.65.ddd9e
MAP: 12.41.47.551.101.3(D.F9/E.F9)

Does anyone understand why the new version above is available on the internet but the official Hyundai service company (Arnold Clark) is telling me that the version I have is the latest available?

Kind Regards and thanks for all the hard work.
I can confirm that the FW, software in your car is dated 2018 and is out of date, as is the map. I have the EV and have successfully updated mine from the files in this thread, however, I cannot confirm it will work on a HEV. Perhaps a UK Hev owner can.

As to the garage not installing the latest files, either they don't know how to do it or did not checkwith Hyundai, OR, more likely they just cannot be arsed....too much trouble and nothing in it for them.

PS. Welcome to the forum. You will find a wealth of useful information here, but to get the most out of it PLEASE add your aprox location and model details through your Avatar {top right corner}, as I and others have done. There are many regional and model differences across the globe so it is impossible to give an accurate answer to any questions without this information.

As far as I am aware dealers should upgrade the files when asked and the car is in for a service so I suggest you go back to them and if they are not prepared to co-operate take your business elsewhere.

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq HEV
2 Posts
I can confirm that the FW, software in your car is dated 2018 and is out of date, as is the map. I have the EV and have successfully updated mine from the files in this thread, however, I cannot confirm it will work on a HEV. Perhaps a UK Hev owner can.

As to the garage not installing the latest files, either they don't know how to do it or did not checkwith Hyundai, OR, more likely they just cannot be arsed....too much trouble and nothing in it for them.

PS. Welcome to the forum. You will find a wealth of useful information here, but to get the most out of it PLEASE add your aprox location and model details through your Avatar {top right corner}, as I and others have done. There are many regional and model differences across the globe so it is impossible to give an accurate answer to any questions without this information.

As far as I am aware dealers should upgrade the files when asked and the car is in for a service so I suggest you go back to them and if they are not prepared to co-operate take your business elsewhere.
Funnily enough, I raised a dispute directly with Hyundai over this and Hyundai have contacted me back in the past few minutes and confirmed that the update above is DEFINITELY compatible with my HEV 2017 model.

They have "nicely" told Arnold Clark to get it fixed, to work with the technical department and get the update applied.

As such, the car will be going in for a 3rd attempt to update the maps.

Must admit, what a turn around time from Hyundai on this. 1.5 hours from initial contact to booting the rear end of Arnold Clark.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone understand why the new version above is available on the internet but the official Hyundai service company (Arnold Clark) is telling me that the version I have is the latest available?

Kind Regards and thanks for all the hard work.
As to why the files are available here, well clearly it's not official but I assume that some kind soul has obtained the files from a source to make available to the folks in the UK who are fed up with the situation you have described with your dealer. I suspect that nearly everyone can relate to your experience. Why Hyundai UK can't just enable the same update service that others get I just don't know. To the point that AC are saying that you have the latest version available, you haven't, so they are either fobbing you off or lacking knowledge. Either way it's serving a poor customer experience so you need to find another dealer and report these to Hyundai UK.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[QUOTE = "SonicSpinner, message: 423190, membre: 20560"]
Notez que la carte s'appelle Kia gen 5.x. C'est parce qu'ils travaillent aussi pour Hyundai
[/CITATION]
Bonj..la mise à jour ..est correct pour une ioniq 2018 28 kw ..????.merci beaucoup

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
[QUOTE = "SonicSpinner, message: 423190, membre: 20560"]
Note that the card is called Kia gen 5.x. It's because they also work for Hyundai
[/CITATION]
Bonj..the update .. is correct for an ioniq 2018 28 kw .. ????. Thank you very much
Yes it’s correct

·
Registered
1 Posts
[QUOTE = "SonicSpinner, message: 423188, membre: 20560"]
Mettez à jour le lien de téléchargement:

https://mega.nz/#F!nB8F0I4L
Key: sBYnFh6wa6LKv6JhJur3_g

à la fois le logiciel et les cartes ici avec une vitesse de téléchargement rapide

Logiciel: AE_EV.EUR.SOP.008.1.191209
Micrologiciel: AE.EV.EUR, 0.5.352.191031.MICOM
CARTE: 12.41.47.551.101.3 (D.F9 / E.F9)

Modifier: nouveaux liens

http://krasm.de/Ioniq-SD-Card/Hyundai_Gen5_AllSoftware.zip

Et la carte

https://krasm.de/Ioniq-SD-Card/Hyundai_Gen5.0_LGE_Map.zip
[/CITATION]BONJOUR IS OK FOR 2018 IONIQ 28 PLEASE?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
[QUOTE = "SonicSpinner, message: 423188, membre: 20560"]
Update the download link:

https://mega.nz/#F!nB8F0I4L
Key: sBYnFh6wa6LKv6JhJur3_g

both the software and the maps here with fast download speed

Software: AE_EV.EUR.SOP.008.1.191209
Firmware: AE.EV.EUR, 0.5.352.191031.MICOM
CARD: 12.41.47.551.101.3 (D.F9 / E.F9)

Edit: new links

http://krasm.de/Ioniq-SD-Card/Hyundai_Gen5_AllSoftware.zip

And the card

https://krasm.de/Ioniq-SD-Card/Hyundai_Gen5.0_LGE_Map.zip
[/CITATION]BONJOUR IS OK FOR 2018 IONIQ 28 PLEASE?
yes it’s ok

·
Registered
4 Posts
yes it’s ok
Hi SonicSpinner,

Is it possible to update firmware 2018 to firmware 2020 with all apk and Easytouch and OmniSwipe (installed by default) ?
Because, I am afraid to block headunit (to block on Hyundai Logo).
What do you advice ? What do you think ? Thank for all.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Hi SonicSpinner,

Is it possible to update firmware 2018 to firmware 2020 with all apk and Easytouch and OmniSwipe (installed by default) ?
Because, I am afraid to block headunit (to block on Hyundai Logo).
What do you advice ? What do you think ? Thank for all.
Best advice you can do is

1: delete all the apps you have installled in 2018fw
2: android setting - factory reset
3: update to latest fw 2020
4: install apps again on fw 20202 using my guide

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the problem that speedcameras does not have sound.
I have verified the MAPS SD (copied with a Mac) with a linux computer and I got rid of every hidden files but it does not seem to fix the problem.
The firmware uodate went smooth without any problem. Should I have to format again the MAP SD and repeat the copy with a linux PC?
Mac OS write some metafiles that are read by mistake by GPS software and it breaks the sound.
My recommendation:
  • Format the Maps SD Card with VFAT32 (Do not use ExFat, I know that is better filesystem for SDCard but don't use it)
  • Copy all the files directly using Midnight Commander (Unselect copy attributes), you can install Midnight Commander in Mac Os using "brew" (brew install mc).
  • As soon that all the files are copied eject the SDCard using a software like CleanMyDrive (you can use the free version), the CleanMyDrive will clean all the metadata and bin content.
It works like a charm. The navigation voice works perfect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Best advice you can do is

1: delete all the apps you have installled in 2018fw
2: android setting - factory reset
3: update to latest fw 2020
4: install apps again on fw 20202 using my guide

Thanks for your reply.
Step 4 : Do you know appl. Fire Tools for IOS ?

If you can downgrade fw 2020 to fw2018 in order to install apps. Upgrade with apps is possible ?
Can you ask Oleg, the king ? What is the risk ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have upgraded my software and added Ioniq root etc so I can run android apps and it works well.

Just a bit disapointed that the startup time is a bit slow now.
So decided to go back.
Tried to reinstall the software update but it will not start the update.
What do I need to do /unistall to let the update run again?
Or what do I need to do to get it back to stock?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Thanks for your reply.
Step 4 : Do you know appl. Fire Tools for IOS ?

If you can downgrade fw 2020 to fw2018 in order to install apps. Upgrade with apps is possible ?
Can you ask Oleg, the king ? What is the risk ?
I don’t know any apps like eft for iOS. I would love to know too

upgrading firmware with apps preinstalled is a bad idea. I speak from experience. I bricked my headunit once ;) so best always to do factory reset through the engineering menu.You can install apps like normal with the latest fw .

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
I have upgraded my software and added Ioniq root etc so I can run android apps and it works well.

Just a bit disapointed that the startup time is a bit slow now.
So decided to go back.
Tried to reinstall the software update but it will not start the update.
What do I need to do /unistall to let the update run again?
Or what do I need to do to get it back to stock?
Yea that’s the downside of restoring android setting and browser. Slow boot up time. However the boot up time depends on when you unlock the car. Imagine you want to drive out, on your way out from the house you press unlock car. Once you get it and turn on the headunit boots up much faster. ;)
The moment you press unlock car from key fob. The headunit actually prepares to boot up .
If you want get back to stock. Do a factory reset en engineering menu, then insert the sd card with latest fw . Go to setting - system info and - and pres the update button.

161 - 179 of 179 Posts