Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

121 - 140 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello to everyone, and first of all, THANK YOU for your work and good things you are doing.
I have an Sportage 2019 with Gen5 navigation unit, I just updated to 2020 software version from 2018 version, and now I want to install back my goods, but I can not access Engineering Menu, and as I can see I don't have update section in System information menu, my menu looks a little different.
Can someone please help me to access Engineering menu so I can turn on autotest ? I attached an photo with m system info page, so you can see how it looks and what is different.
View attachment 32098
Hi LarryBML,

try to use "191209 metod" but in Default menu(3rd one), not in Update menu(which is not available in Kia).
Be careful and tap in order from below photo (do it in 3rd tab - Default, below photo is only example, borrowed from Russian forum):

Password is HHMM1209 where HHMM is hours and minutes in 24h format. (ex. time - 15:18(03:18PM) then code will be 15181209, don't worry about place for only 4 digits)

in my Kia Optima 2019 works like a charm, but unfortunately Prepare Autotest does not work. I still can't connect to HU using adb. If you will be able to use adb, please share your way to do it.

Sorry for my english.

BR,

Ruza

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello and thank you for your answer, I just tried everything , I managed to get one very low engineering mode and dealer mode, both with no menus that I need to access autotest function, if I will find a way to access real engineering mode I will write for sure. I just attached pictures with what I get from those two menus that I wrote :

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Please read again my previous post and look at attached photo. You need to tap exacly in order and places showed on it, to be honest it looks like you need to tap 161206.

I have recorded a video showing an exact way how to get to engineering menu. We have the same version of software, so this should work in yours Sportage also.

Hope this will help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yessss, Thank you again, after a while I could enable Engineering Menu with your instructions, maybe unit needed an reboot after installing new software, I never did that before, Now I'm almost in same situation like you. I can see unit IP address , but I can't connect to it with easy fire. Tomorrow I will try with computer, I prepared everything on it and I will try with adb connect to see what I can do. Keep in touch, and I will let you know all my progress . Thank you again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Update the download link:

https://mega.nz/#F!nB8F0I4L
Key: sBYnFh6wa6LKv6JhJur3_g

both software and maps here with fast download speed

Software: AE_EV.EUR.SOP.008.1.191209
Firmware: AE.EV.EUR,0.5.352.191031.MICOM
Navigation: STD_AVN_MID_EUR.HMC.191119.65.ddd9e
MAP: 12.41.47.551.101.3(D.F9/E.F9)
Hi the Hynday_Gen5x_Map_2020.rar Ask the password to extract
Can you lease post the password
thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
Has anyone tried to use EU software on USA cars? I have a friend with an import and was asking if I can update his software, but I wonder if that could brick his unit...
Also would EU map work on USA software? .... That I will try, just asking if someone has already tried it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Horror story with a happy ending:
Somehow my first software update card got corrupted (extracted directly from my sloooooow NAS), inserted the update card, system started the update, immediately complained about corrupt files (no verify stage). My OLD MAP SD card didn't worked now.
Ok will redo the download just to make sure and restart the update.

Did all that, inserted the Update SD card and Pressed START button.

My HU now only showed the clock in realtime, it wasn't a static image, but it refused to turn it self off even if I turned off the engine and locked the car.
Removed the Multimedia fuse, pressed the little reset button on the HU, nothing helped. NOTHING! I was already disperate.

Noticed that my phone still connected via bluetooth... tried hitting the notification, nothing...
10 minutes passed, then 20, 30...

Then it struck me, I made a call: Imediately the Call screen appeared, and I was able to hit Home -> Settings, Update, everything went smoothly afterwards :)
Just have your phones connected via BT! Just in case people :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the problem that speedcameras does not have sound.
I have verified the MAPS SD (copied with a Mac) with a linux computer and I got rid of every hidden files but it does not seem to fix the problem.
The firmware uodate went smooth without any problem. Should I have to format again the MAP SD and repeat the copy with a linux PC?

·
Registered
14 Posts
and a good youtube app? i installed " YouTube_vanced_13.37.52_koreacustom.RU" And find this one slugish. (slow)

121 - 140 of 150 Posts