Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

261 - 280 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
92 Posts
So I updated from 0.5.313.180905 to 0.5.352.191031. Followed the instructions and got stuck in a boot loop. Long story short I plugged in an USB keyboard and did the ALT+Printscreen+E several times. Most common was to get the distorted noise screen with mostly green lines. Suddenly it booted to the update menu again and I ran the update again. It went through all steps again, still boot loop! I Ejected the SD card and kept trying the ALT+Printscreen+E. This time it took way more time but after a good while it again got in to the upgrade promt. This time with no SD card I got the option to restore earlier build and I hit that.... It not booted again to the normal interface yay. I now inserted the OEM SD card with the NEW maps and it rebooted again and again and it took forever.... gaaah.... but it booted up again with the new maps and to my surprise on firmware 352.

The new NAV is so much better but it took a while and almost an heart attack!! Thanks a million Sonicspinner for your posts with the USB keyboard and commands!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi @Johtokunta and @SonicSpinner get post Thanks.
I have a new 2020 PHEV, the instructions say we should update from the USB port. Do you guys know anything about this?
-Unpack the all software to a usb, and press update?
- Unpack the maps to a usb and press update?

many thoughts?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Hi @Johtokunta and @SonicSpinner get post Thanks.
I have a new 2020 PHEV, the instructions say we should update from the USB port. Do you guys know anything about this?
-Unpack the all software to a usb, and press update?
- Unpack the maps to a usb and press update?

View attachment 32648

many thoughts?
i assume you are talking about the 38.8. Model? If yes, then I am not sure. Because I have only tried for the 28.8 model. And also where did you find the files for 38.8 model. ?
And according to the American Hyundai self help page ( not available for Europe btw ) then it’s copy the files to the usb .
For our 28.8 model is on a sd card

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Premium SE Black
89 Posts
Fingers crossed we get one pedal driving with the left paddle held down feature 😂 yes I really want it haha. And save drive mode settings.

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
92 Posts
Does this firmware upgrade also affect the rest of the car not only maps and infotainment? Which units of the car is upgradable this way? and which needs more "powers"?

Any clues if LKA has gotten updates during the years?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
Usually the maps and software goes together in an upgrade. My Italian contact is reviewing the update now and we will see what has changed. The LKA stuff is actually configurable in the hidden engineering menu. There are a lot of parameters you can change. But I never touched it and wouldn’t dare :p. as soon as I get the files I will of course post it here and create a new Thread for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I've sucessfully installed and laucnhed Waze and ABRP Transmitter on HeadUnit, but they don't connect to GPS.
Permission to access GPS is set on Android setting. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So i´ve just installed the Software and Map update that was in post #1. I have´nt had the time to read through 270+ posts to find out if theres anything i really should change. Is there for example any settings in the engineering settings or other easy changes that i can change to make the experience with my 2017 Ioniq a lot better?
As i´ve understood people here do a lot to their ioniqs to make them better. Anything to make the active LFA/LKA better?

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
92 Posts
So i´ve just installed the Software and Map update that was in post #1. I have´nt had the time to read through 270+ posts to find out if theres anything i really should change. Is there for example any settings in the engineering settings or other easy changes that i can change to make the experience with my 2017 Ioniq a lot better?
As i´ve understood people here do a lot to their ioniqs to make them better. Anything to make the active LFA/LKA better?
The most advanced settings I found is called ADAS, not gone through it all yet.

I find LKA to work close to very well. Only problem, it's like throwing a dice when it engages or not. It can stay green with the green wheel lit but not steer anyway. Scary stuff

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Premium SE Black
89 Posts
Is there anything in engineering settings to do with the throttle response? It's got that micro second delay at 0mph/kph but the delay is gone once the car gas gotten past a certain speed.

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
92 Posts
Is there anything in engineering settings to do with the throttle response? It's got that micro second delay at 0mph/kph but the delay is gone once the car gas gotten past a certain speed.
There is an app you can download to alter the throttle map. Don't know if it's the same settings as the drive modes. Probably.... Wort
testing

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
Hehe, this YouTube link is I think Mdave. This was just a design he never got to create an actual app.

261 - 280 of 288 Posts